Complaint Review: Clarks Mobile Homes Sales and Rentals

• Clarks Mobile Homes Sales and Rentals
    7077 Wellington 124
    Guelph, Ontario
    Canada

Clarks Mobile Homes Sales and Rentals delayed deliver to elderly couple, kept $5000 deposit Guelph Ontario

June 16/2017 We signed an agreement to receive a Fairmont 16x60 modular home (fairmonthomes.com). To have it within 6 weeks we agreed to whatever colors or configuration was sent.

Five weeks later Chris Clark informs us they need to make a special unit for our Wiarton location and it will take 10 weeks. This is well past my parents move out date.

Their documentation for the building permit was useless. A floor plan and pier diagram, neither stamped by an engineer. It was becoming a nightmare to get a building permit for this US built unit.

We found another Canadian made unit in Barrie ready to be delivered with full engineered documentation. (18 pages, all engineer stamped)

I informed Chris and asked for a refund around July 22.

The unresponsive Chris became even more unresponsive to phone calls or Emails.

This modular home is for my parents to live on the lot next to mine in Wiarton. My dad turns 90 in September 2017and they are not in great health.

The stress of this is considerable on them.

Chris seemed shady from the beginning and I should have gone with my gut. You could tell he was self-centred, arrogant and doing us a favour by letting us talk to him.

Since then my mother has been in the hospital once for stress related bowel issues and also fallen, breaking her arm.

We want a refund of the $5000 deposit.

Seems pretty simple.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2017 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clarks-mobile-homes-sales-and-rentals/guelph-ontario/clarks-mobile-homes-sales-and-rentals-delayed-deliver-to-elderly-couple-kept-5000-depos-1396326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content