Complaint Review: ClassicCloseouts.com

• Reported By: Eugene Oregon
  • ClassicCloseouts.com
    110 W Graham Ave
    Hempstead, New York

ClassicCloseouts.com Made unauthorized charges to my credit card Hempstead New York

*Author of original report: Fradulent credit card charges finally dealt with

I made a purchase of a $6.99 fleece blanket in February of 2007. Everything went fine. It was wasn't the greatest blanket, but I wasn't expecting much for 7 bucks. Fast forward to June of 2008, I noticed a pending charge of $29.99 to my credit card from ClassicCloseouts.com. I promptly logged into the website to see what I had purchased recently, since I did not remember making such a purchase. I looked into my order history to find that the only purchase I made (ever) from them was for that blanket over a year ago. I also noticed I mistakenly left my credit card information on file with them, which I promptly deleted. I assumed that this was some sort of mistake that would be easily dealt with and resolved. I was completely wrong.

My first step was to call their customer service, which luckily (or so I thought) was listed in the transaction line of my bank statement. I chose the corresponding options in the automated service they had set up for the phone only to have it request me to leave a message. Their voice mail box was full. I chalked this up to it being a weekend. I sent them an email through their website instead. When Monday finally rolled around, I still had not received an email response from them, so I called their customer service again. This time, an actual human being picked up the phone. I asked him about the unauthorized transaction that had been made, and he asked me phone the charge amount, my name, and my email and phone number and assured me that they would look into it and a customer service representative would call me the following day. Of course they never called.

Since then, I've called well over 10 times now (during working hours I might add!) and I have yet to speak to anyone since that one time. I've left numerous emails and voicemails pleading them to respond to my situation which they have yet to do. It was only until I visited this website and the BBB that I realized that this will probably never be dealt with.

A word to the wise: never leave your credit card information on file with an internet company you do not trust. I've been involved in internet commerce for quite some time now and had never had a problem with it until now. I have learned from my mistake. I'm just thankful that it wasn't for more than 30 bucks!

Mrthurms
Eugene, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/classiccloseoutscom/hempstead-new-york-11096/classiccloseoutscom-made-unauthorized-charges-to-my-credit-card-hempstead-new-york-344158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Fradulent credit card charges finally dealt with

AUTHOR: Mrthurms - (U.S.A.)

After leaving numerous phone messages and emails, ClassicCloseouts.com finally credited me back the amount they fraudulently charged me for. I only noticed this because I checked my bank statement. I say this because I still have not received even a response from them in any form, let alone an explanation for their conduct.