Complaint Review: classyauto

• classyauto

omaho, Nebraska
    United States of America

classyauto Sounded too good to be true. Glad I checked it out! omaho, Nebraska

My boyfriend "Bob" has been trying to sell his customized Mustang for about a year on different sites with no luck.  I figured part of the problem was not just the economy but the fact that I've never tried to sell anything else on eBay and therefor have a zero rating.  We currently have it listed on eBay and Craig's List and started receiving calls from companies offering to sell it for us for a fee even tho it says it's not Ok to contact the poster with commercial services.

Bob had talked to one of these and wanted me to talk to the guy so one day when I heard one on the answering machine but the phone number was cut off I searched the name on the web and the very first site that came up was for ripoffreport.com.  That company had all kinds of complaints and I'm very greatful to ripoffreport.com for providing this service.  Wish I'd known about it before!

Turns out Bob wanted me to talk to a different one.  So I called Pat at Classyauto.  He said there is a great market for cars like Bob's and that it was my zero seller rating that was the problem.  He said they had people waiting for cars like this and for $399 they would list it on many different sites and clubs, etc, until it was sold and Bob could get a lot more than he was currently asking.  He said the whole $399 went for the eBay listing and that their company only makes money from offering the buyers financing and shipping services.  He said they were the top eBay seller for the past 5 years.

Sounded like a great program but three things threw my antennae up.  One, I can tell a smooth talking sellsman when I hear one.  Two, he said the $399 was the only fee and they would advertise it til it was sold but he said the eBay listing only runs for a max of 21 days.  Three, when I asked why he contacted us before the listing time was up he gave some long spiel extolling how wonderful their company was but never answered the question.

Glad I checked out this site!  I did check the BBB and it's true that Classyauto is not accredited with them and they have a C- rating due to 87 complaints in the past 3 years.  While it looked like they were trying to resolve some of them, it's not something I want to deal with.

Moral of story:  Don't trust a smooth talking salesman who calls you first offering to help you with their wonderful service.

Thank you Ripoffreport.com and all the people willing to pass on their experiences!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2010 01:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/classyauto/omaho-nebraska-/classyauto-sounded-too-good-to-be-true-glad-i-checked-it-out-omaho-nebraska-624346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content