Complaint Review: claude Johnson

• Updated: Tue, April 18, 2017
  • Reported By: they said $1 but I paid hundreds — Columbus Ohio USA
  • claude Johnson

USA

claude Johnson Just $1, they said, but I ended up paying 19.95 a month without knowing it. internet

I signed up with Claude Johnson to receive his frequent reports about his guitar instruction courses, and he sent free tips and videos about playing. I never payed anything, until one time he advertised something for just a dollar. I don't remember what it was, but I thought I couldn't lose at that price, so I signed up and gave him my card number. Now I look back on it, I received a puzzling email telling me I'd signed up for something, but I couldn't understand what it was about, so I paid it little mind, and forgot about it.

About a year later, I happened to notice a $19.95 unauthorized debit in my acct. and I went to the bank to talk about it. They said they'd remove it conditionally, but could only go back six months, so the rest was a loss. I said great, and that was done. Just today, however, the conditional refund was removed again from my acct, causing an overdraft, which I took care of, but I looked online under Claude Johnson scam, and came up with this website [thanks, guys] and decided to file a report, so others will know how Claude Johnson, who runs a great business, and helps guitar players, has descended into the depths of scammery. In his defence, Claude says that it's a common business practice to hide the actual cost to the consumer in the corner somewhere, so they end up paying without noticing, but if they paid attention, they would find it's legal. I changed my card to stop them from continuing to charge me forever. I think Claude Johnson must have convinced my bank that the debits were legal, and that's why the bank gave him back the money, but there's something fishy here, because I never personally got anything for the dollar I spent, but I lost the 19.95 a month for a year or more. I wondered why I hadn't got anything for my money, and I bet that legally, I might have had access to something, but I think that once I signed up, they really wanted me to forget about it, so I wouldn't notice the money leaving my acct. They said it was some guitar god club, but for the life of me, that's all I ever got was a name.

So be careful and keep an eye on Claude Johnson, if you have anything to do with him. I understand that he's found a way to get rich in the grey areas of barely legal, and for that , although I sympathise with him, I now know him for what he has become.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2017 05:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/claude-johnson/-/claude-johnson-just-1-they-said-but-i-ended-up-paying-1995-a-month-without-knowing-it-1365258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content