Complaint Review: CLC Lodging

• Reported By: Gene — Arlington Texas USA
  • CLC Lodging

Nationwide
    USA

CLC Lodging Corporate Lodging, Check Inn Direct, Check Inn Card MONEY HUNGRY, DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS or LONGEVITY OF CUSTOMERS Nationwide but Based in Wichita, Kansas Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Inactivity Fee

I have been a member CLC Lodging for more than two decades. Even though I have enjoy the discount over the years they raised the $4.95 daily fee to $7.95 per day for each day you stay at a hotel or motel, I still continued as a customer. As of December 1st 2016 if you fail to use the discounted rate in 90 days you are charged a $50 inactivity fee for every 90 day period that you do not stay in a hotel or motel using CLC Lodging I complained about this until I was blue in the face and this CSR could have cared less. I asked to speak to a supervisor the supervisor could have cared less about how long I was with customer they don't care if I cancel my account they didn't care about anything but charging me money! They charge you when you use them and they charge you when you don't use them. I promptly cancelled my account and demanded a refund of the $50 inactivity fee that was charged to me yesterday December 27th 2016. They did say they would refund my money but to be on the safe side I notified my bank of a fraudulent charge to my Visa card without my authorization. CLC claimed to have sent me an e-mail the first of the month I went back to August 2016 and check all emails I never received one from CLC Lodging about this $50 inactivity fee. I strongly recommend that you stay away from CLC Lodging, Check Inn Direct, Corporate Lodging Consultants unless you like being charged every time you use them and even when you do not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2016 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clc-lodging/nationwide/clc-lodging-corporate-lodging-check-inn-direct-check-inn-card-money-hungry-does-not-ca-1346230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Inactivity Fee

AUTHOR: CLC - (USA)

As with any business, we are faced with many rising costs associated with providing our services. We strive to keep our fess low and provide exceptional discounts for our customers. As a result, our average rate is still more than 20% less than the Lowest Published Rate.

Our business continues to grow rapidly and we have tens of thousands of active accounts. Consequently, we now have thousands of inactive accounts. Managing inactive accounts takes considerable time and effort and has become cost prohibitive. We made every effort to inform our customers of the change to our Terms and Conditions regarding account inactivity. Since, some of our customers have unsubscribed from email communications or have very restrictive email settings some of our emails were either not delivered or landed in junk mail folders.

If a customer is unhappy with our new Terms and Conditions we will happily refund the inactivity fee and close their account. Our program is designed for business travelers with a relatively consistent room night volume. Consequently, it is not a good fit for every traveler. The vast majority of our customers are very happy with our programs and buy more than 13 million room nights per year from us.