Complaint Review: Clear Credit

• Updated: Tue, August 17, 2004
  • Reported By: newton New Jersey
  • Clear Credit
    Nationwide

Clear Credit is a ripoff! They make unauthorized charges and sell your cc info! Internet

I was to belive that I was going to recieve a free credit report on clear credit.com. They took my credit card info because I was to be charged $7.50 for the charges on the report that I wanted to dispute with the companies and they would take care of it for me.

Before I knew it, there was $49.95 charged to my credit card. The site was useless, no one replied to my cancellation e-mails or phone messages..( no one ever answers the 1-800 #, its just a voice mail every time ).

About three days later, i noticed yet another charge on my credit card for $149.95... BUT NOT FROM CLEAR CREDIT. It was from some other credit company, who I have never heard of. I called their 1-800 #, and was on hold for about an hour. When I finally got someone, I asked if they were assoicated with Clear Credit and they said no. She wouldn't talk to me unless I gave her my soc sec#, and I refused.

I went to my bank and charged back both of these companies and cancelled the card # and got a new one.

Luckily, I have a great bank who sumbitted two provisional credits for both amounts while they are reseraching the purchases. The only way these companies can get money from me now is to prove that the purchases were legit (by showing proof of a signed credit slip or a recorded phone conversation with me authorizing the charges... which they don't have)

Its been a couple weeks now and I haven't heard anything from the bank. So I'm assuiming these companies just gave up.

DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO CLEAR CREDIT!

Jessalyn
Newton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clear-credit/nationwide/clear-credit-is-a-ripoff-they-make-unauthorized-charges-and-sell-your-cc-info-internet-104034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content