Complaint Review: Clearwire

• Reported By: gabe — New York New York United States of America
  • Clearwire

Internet
    United States of America

Clearwire clear.com NO refund, charged for service without activation, SCAM, Internet

On January 24th, I ordered the hardware for clear4G internet, I received it maybe on the 26th, and  I had to return it on the 29th. They recieved it on February 1st, according to UPS records and to them as well.

The equipment was returned with their supplied return label, which I obtained after calling and cancelling. The equipment was not used or ACTIVATED, must be activated to be used.  I was charged $142.47, but only refunded 92.48,  plus they then charged me another $49.99 for supposedly a month of service, they claim that calling and cancelling and receiving the return label did not cover the cancellation of the service.

I explain or try to explain,  how can I get serivice without the equipment,  how can I get service if the equipment was never activated.  So I ended up losing, $99.98,  yes thats right,  49.99 from the equipment which they kept and 49.99 for service which I never activated or recieved, after all the equipment was returned 3-4 days latter.  I guess its a good thing that I already have a  heart transplant, because the frustration and the impotence one feels, wow, who do you go too, who fights for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clearwire/internet/clearwire-clearcom-no-refund-charged-for-service-without-activation-scam-internet-850656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content