Complaint Review: Clearwire

• Reported By: Raleigh North Carolina
  • Clearwire
    2719 Anderson Dr
    Raleigh, North Carolina

Seven months ago, I went to a Clearwire store here in Raleigh,NC to purchase two internet Modems,one for use in Raleigh and one for use in my Daughters dorm in Charlotte,NC

Before,signing the two year agreement the sales rep made sure that Clearwire service was available in the zip code in Charlotte where my daughter resides and assured me it would work there.

When we went to install it there was not sufficient signal. I worked with the Clearwire technical personnel and we tried over 15 different locations in the home, to no avail. The technology that Clearwire uses is ,in simple terms ,straight line radio frequency waves, so trees, large hills, buildings ,dips in topagraphy, etc can affect the ability to get a strong signal

The tech support team being satisfied that I did everything possible to get it to work, transferred me to the customer service center to, so I thought, initiate the product return process. This is where the nightmare begins

The time bewtween purchase and installiing the unit in Charlotte,working with tech support,trying a different modem ,etc and calling custopmer service had been about 5 weeks.

First I was told that I was beyond the 15 day trial period, so I could not get out of the contract and I should find someone to sell the contract to on my own..they were very helpful with ideas of how I could sell it myself !! Despite the fact that thier records showed I was talking to Tech support since about two weeks after purchase!

I have talked to customer service agents,supervisors, had the sales agent who sold it to me call them to explain that - hey, it's just the nature of the technology - sometimes it just doesn't work, even if the coverage map says it does.

I have had a Clearwire technician personally visit my daughters home, take measurements,etc and conclude that there is just not enough signal strength,and document it in my account records..still all this time I continue to get charged $35 a month for something that doesn not work, and never will

Even yesterday, I was still being told, I have to sell the contract on my own.If I stop the bank draft they will take me to collections.

Too bad, not a bad product or concept where it works...but knowing that the technology has limitations and even when their own technicians verify they are holding my feet to the fire on contract language...I will not reccomend them to anyone ever

Thomas
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2009 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clearwire/raleigh-north-carolina-27608/clearwire-when-the-product-does-not-work-as-promised-customer-service-says-its-your-prob-426754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
9Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Sojurner - (U.S.A.)

They dont have a solution for you. Just do what i did and threaten to take them to small claims court. They know you will win becuase they are basically ripping you off. Thats how i had to have my account canceled. I spent 2 days in hell talking to their customer no-service people who blamed the problems on me and after they had me run around on a wild goose chase trying to find a store that was still open and not shut down. I lost it.

I told them that if they didnt cancel my service with no fee that i would be filing a suit against them the next day in Small Claims court and POOF.. They were more than glad to do what i asked....

Email Address

AUTHOR: ClearWire Info - (U.S.A.)

It's clearwire.twitter@clearwire.com - sorry for the mistype!

Thomas,
My Name is Michael and I work for Clearwire. I would like to understand your issue in more detail and do my best to help you resolve it. From what I have read in your post, we do have a solution for you. In order to dicsuss in more detail, we would need specific information on your account. As we would not recommend that you post it publicly, you can contact us @ www.twitter.com/clearwire or you can email us at cleraire.twitter@clearwire.com.