Complaint Review: CMK Construction

Oldsmar, Florida
    United States

CMK Construction Bathroom remodel. Florida

**** BUYER BEWARE*******

Not sure where to begin since I don’t do many of these negative reviews. This was the first time that I decided to contract a company to do a turnkey remodel at my house. My wife and I were looking at re doing our bathroom. We did our due diligence and looked on line to pick a reputable vendor. We chose 3 contractors and got quotes from all 3. We chose CMK based on our initial discussion with the sales person.

We signed our contract on March 14th of 2107 and gave our sales person a check for 35% of the quote. He explained that the process would take a few weeks to get started and once they start it would take about 4 to 6 weeks to complete the project. That was the last time I saw our sales person.

We communicated several times and worked through details of the purchase of materials. I explained to him that we were going on Vacation in Late June. And would like to have this done before we leave. That gave them 4 months to complete the project.

After continued calls and request to start I finally had to talk to the owner to get a project manager. I spoke with my project manager in early June and things seemed like they are finally going to move forward. I met with him several times and he informed me that we could not start the project because the material had not been ordered. YES… 3 months and no equipment was ordered. I even had to pay for some material myself to try to expedite the process.

Since the date was getting close to my Vacation, I asked that we start the project the week after I return. So we set the start date for July 10th… 4 months after I signed the contract. When I returned from Vacation I reached out to the project manager to see when we are going to start. He said that he had to get a crew scheduled. Not sure why this wasn’t done after our first conversation. On July 10, no one showed up. I called him every day and called the owner and I was told that they we start on Thursday of that week.

I finally got a crew show up on Thursday and they demo’ d the bathroom. On Friday, no one showed up. I call the Project manager several times and got no answer. At 5:00pm I got a call from a new project manager and he told me the old project manager was no longer with the company and that he was the new guy. After a heated conversation we agreed to meet on Tuesday to discuss my project.

When we met on Tuesday, he had no idea what was to be done. I had to basically start from scratch and explain everything that was to be done.

He told me my bathroom would take 4 weeks to complete. RIGHT!!!

The amount of issue that occurred after that were so many, it will be impossible to list. But here are the highlights:

-          Poor tile work. 3 times to fix and final had to accept a horrible wall in the shower

-          Poor Shower glass – 4 x to fix – actually had to kick out the vendor they used.

-          Texture was not done right – 3X to fix. First contractor did awesome, second one did horrible and had to kick him out.

-          Paint was bad – 3x to fix

-          Tub was not put in right location – 2x to fix

-          Faucets leaked -2x to fix

At the end, they had to bring in a 3rd project manager to finish. She actually was able to correct all issue. Project was completed on Oct 27th. That is over 7 months to complete. They also messed up my wood floor and broke my front door lock had just gave me a credit to get it fixed.

They even had the nerve to ask me to sign a document to avoid providing negative feedback for a reduced rate. They wanted to give me $750 dollars off. I didn’t feel comfortable signing that and felt that people need to know to stay away.

Avoid CMK at all risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2017 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cmk-construction/oldsmar-florida/cmk-construction-bathroom-remodel-florida-1409997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content