Complaint Review: Coal Cosmetics

• Coal Cosmetics
    5404 Whitsett Ave. #128
    Valley Village, California
    USA

Coal Cosmetics Cleanskyn Niftybod misleading, deceptive, said SAMPLE not trial, bait and switch, dishonest, disreputable, lying, scheming Valley Village California

An ad on Facebook caught my eye.  The creators of Coal Cosmetics claimed they would send me a free sample for only shipping and handling, for both eye serum and a moisturizer.  No mention was ever made of it being a trial.

I received both samples and fortunately didn't open them.  When my credit card bill arrived, I discovered four separate charges, for the shipping and handling of each item, as I'd agreed to, and then an $89.69 charge and another $86.96 charge for the eye serum and moisturizer.

When I called the number on my bill, the young man informed me that since I hadn't returned the products after my 14 day trial period, they charged me the full price. What 14 day trial period?  It was offered as a free sample.

When I expressed my displeasure and emphasized that I'd signed up for a free sample and not a free trial, he tried to get me to agree to buying the product at a 50% discount and when I refused that, he offered a 75% discount.  I refused that as well and asked how I could return the products.

He finally gave me some confirmation numbers, but said I would have to send both products separately and kept insisting I had not read the terms and conditions that were "clearly stated".  I'll end up being stiffed for the initial shipping price and what it costs to send back, plus the time wasted and the aggravation of it all.

I'm not stupid; I reviewed the site carefully, and at no time did it mention that it was a 14 day trial and not a sample.  This company is incredibly dishonest, deceptive, and deliberately misleading.  Do not do business with them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2017 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/coal-cosmetics/valley-village-california-91607/coal-cosmetics-cleanskyn-niftybod-misleading-deceptive-said-sample-not-trial-bait-and-1369710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content