Complaint Review: ColdStone Creamery

• Reported By: Tsconlee — Kailua Hawaii United States of America
  • ColdStone Creamery

Scottsdale, Arizona
    United States of America

ColdStone Creamery Costco/ColdStone Gift Certificate Rip Off Scottsdale, Arizona

*Author of original report: Company Made Good.

*Consumer Comment: SCUMBAGS!

My Mom bought her 6 children Coldstone Creamery Gift certificates (Book of 10) valued at $3.50 each for $25 each book of 10. Mom gave them to us at a family reunion in So. Lake Tahoe, CA.
Problem is So Lake Tahoe would not honor the gift coupons and when I returned home to Hawaii, no Coldstone would honor them here!  I checked the web address on the back of the gift certificate to locate a store that would honor them - no store in my state is listed.

Knowing a bit of the history of the sleazy former CEO of that Company, Doug Ducey, leads me to believe this was a giant scam to begin with.  I allege that Coldstone knew that not many stores would accept these so-called gift certificates and thousands of people would give them $25 each for nothing in return.

I will never patronize one of there stores, ever.  Furthermore a lesson this company apparently has not learned is that people unhappy with a company's practices or services will tell far more people about their experience with that company, than people who are satisfied with that company.  I plan to tell everyone I know what a giant scam this is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2011 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/coldstone-creamery/scottsdale-arizona-85258/coldstone-creamery-costcocoldstone-gift-certificate-rip-off-scottsdale-arizona-762554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Company Made Good.

AUTHOR: Tsconlee - (USA)

A Cold Stone Rep emailed and called me to resolve the matter.  He gave me a $25 gift card and assured me that the stores will start accepting the coupons from Costco.  Thank You Rip Off Report.

SCUMBAGS!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Their "ice cream" is nasty and unhygienic anyways.