Report: #1371954

• Cole Muffler/Mavis tire
    360 west first street
    Oswego, New York
    USA

Cole Muffler/Mavis tire Darrell Cory Passed my vehicle inspection so that I would spend $2000 for an exhaust system Oswego New York

In November of 2016, i brought my old beater 1999 Ford F-150 pickup truck for an exam. The truck was loud so i spoke to the manager about possilbe repairs. I told him that if the truck did not pass inspection, i woould junk the truck and move on to getting another vehicle. He inspected the truck and said everything was fine and good. It cost $2000 for an exhaust system. I was told there were 2 converters and that is why it is so expensive. Again, i said if it passed inspection.... The vehcile passed inspection and we spent the $2000 for the exhaust system. Over the next few months, only put 20 miles on the truck as it was a second vehcile so when i brought it to my regular mechanic for some work. SURPRISE....This truck should have never passed inspection. Too much rust underneath, ball joints needed, steering box and pump gone, and the truck exhaust was still loud... Mavis said (after the repair) that there must be a leak in my maniforld...That is why it is loud.. so I spent $2000 to quiet a truck that is still loud....... I should have junked the truck in November but Mavis made me believe that it was all good as it passed inpspection......

Had I known the truck would not pass inspection, I would not have put anymore money into it. Instead, I was told it was fine. The truck passed inspection and I paid $2000 for an exhaust system that should not have been replaced.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2017 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cole-mufflermavis-tire/oswego-new-york-13126/cole-mufflermavis-tire-darrell-cory-passed-my-vehicle-inspection-so-that-i-would-spend-1371954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content