Complaint Review: Color Festival

• Reported By: Truth - Get Some! — Portland Oregon
  • Color Festival

Nationwide
    USA

Color Festival Color Festival scam, Masterminds of Scams, Ripoff, Good luck getting a refund, Screws People out of money Portland Nationwide

I'm one of the lucky ones. I originally saw the advertisement for the fun festival of colors coming to Portland on Facebook.  I thought it seemed fun so I looked it up online as I tend to do because Facebook has tons of advertising and who knows what's legitimate. I spoke to someone at the Clark County Event Center where it was to be held (Vancouver, WA - NOT Portland, OR) because I thought it seemed odd that the only information available for it was to buy tickets, but there was no other sign of the event other than Facebook advertising. I wasn't surprised to find it was cancelled, yet they were still selling tickets. I began seeing posts of people discussing cancelled events with no refunds. Tickets to this cancelled event were still being sold until the event neared when suddenly the cancellation was posted. Everyone who has tried to get a refund is being ignored. All the posts of angry customers are being deleted so that the only thing to show up on the page are the very few events that did happen. There were so many people trying to warn others, and of course those posts were deleted as well. What a profit!

Beware and research any events by the hosts and ticket sellers before putting forth any money, no matter how minimal.  This is a genius scam, but I suppose as someone else said, as long as 1 out of 4 events actually happens then it's obviously legit! Note the sarcasm! Last I recall that's stealing!!! So, if they don't think that's what they're doing then they're either super dumb and beyond unorganized OR they're the genius masterminds of scams! I think the latter!!! We're all smart enough to see through the B.S. Thanks for the grande insult!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2014 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/color-festival/nationwide/color-festival-color-festival-scam-masterminds-of-scams-ripoff-good-luck-getting-a-ref-1174027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content