Complaint Review: COLUMBIA HOUSE

2491 Paxton Street Harrisburg, PA
    Internet
    United States of America

COLUMBIA HOUSE Charging me for CDs I never received Internet

I recently received a bill in the mail from National Recovery Agency for $80 for CDs I allegedly ordered and never paid for. Having no knowledge of this, and thinking to myself "There's no way this can affect me since I didn't order it" I made the mistake of ignoring it.

Well fast forward to a couple months later, and I'm trying to secure a loan through my credit union to move, and I'm denied because of a recent collection on my credit report. After pulling the report, I find these crooks reported this on my credit report. I disputed the account to no avail through Experian.

I called NRA, and got the run around. They gave me a date, and a bunch of Cds (none of which I ordered) and told me the account was through Columbia House. I then attempted to call Columbia House........easier said than done. They have no direct phone number or email on their website, all they have is an email form. So i filled it out, and after again getting the run around, I finally got them to erase my account from their records. I also filed a complaint with the FTC and the BBB.

In hopes that more people don't just pay them to get rid of these bogus charges here's the email address I corresponded with: dvd@columbiahouse.com.

Also ask them to provide you with proof that you ordered the CDs, in my case I demanded they tell me what address they were sent to, since I know I didn't order them, and I know they know that. Instead of giving me the address when I requested it, they instantly agreed to erase the account.

Hope this helps

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/columbia-house/internet/columbia-house-charging-me-for-cds-i-never-received-internet-632337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content