Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 30, 2003

• Reported By:mesa Arizona
Columbia Telecommunications Group, Inc & Best Buy
174 Milbar Blvd Farmingdale, Ny 11735 Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Columbia Telecommunications Group, Inc & Best Buy ripoff of rebate Farmingdale New York

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

On 11-28-03 I was out at the after Thanksgiving sales. One of the items I purchased was a set of two way radios manufactured by Columbia Telecommunications Group, Inc. I actually purchased 2 sets because of the offered rebate. I purchased these radios at Best Buy on Southern in Mesa, AZ. I carefully followed the directions for the rebate offer and sent it in. Shortly after I recieved a notice telling me that I was disqualified because I sent the wrong UPC in. There was not any directions as to which UPC to send in. I telephoned the rebate company and I asked them to return my forms and they refused saying that they now belong to them for seven years. So now I only have their word that my information was incorrect. They also stated they had been recieving alot of complaints because it did not specify which UPC to send in so everyone was sending in the one from the inner packaging. The only loser here is the consumer. Columbia recieved their money, Best Buy recieved their money yet the unsuspecting consumer is left out to dry.

Cindy
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2003 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/columbia-telecommunications-group-inc-best-buy/mesa-arizona/columbia-telecommunications-group-inc-best-buy-ripoff-of-rebate-farmingdale-new-york-76237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia Telecommunications Group, Inc & Best Buy