Report: #1061910

• Commonwealth Financial Systems
    Scranton, Pa.
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    USA

Commonwealth Financial Systems They called me to collect on a credit card debt that had been already paid in full. Scranton Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Commonwealth Financial Systems trying to collect on paid in full accounts

I received a call from an agent at Commonwealth Financial Systems telling me that they were calling to collect an outstanding debt of $33.00 for a loan from a bank. I informed them that they had incorrect information as I had paid all of my debts in full, and that I had a letter stating that the debt was paid in full which they requested I send when I returned from my trip out of town. Upon my return and after missing a call from an agent who was handling my "debt", I hit the re-dial button and it put me in touch with another person who gave me an email address where to send my letter of confirmed 0 balance and then informed me that I had another outstanding debt to a credit card for $3,000+. I found this to be very suspicious, and I didn't even inquire as to who I was indebted to as I knew I had paid all debts in full.  The agent I was speaking with did not give her name and gave me the email address of the "boss" - Jerry Kushuba. I then did a search on the internet and found that many other people had similar complaints.

Something is wrong here. Based on my own experience and what I read from others, my suspicions lead me to believe that they are looking for gullible people to prey upon. This company should be stopped in their tracks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/commonwealth-financial-systems/scranton-pennsylvania/commonwealth-financial-systems-they-called-me-to-collect-on-a-credit-card-debt-that-had-1061910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Commonwealth Financial Systems trying to collect on paid in full accounts

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I received a call from an agent at Commonwealth Financial Systems telling me that they were calling to collect an outstanding debt of $33.00 for a loan from a bank. I informed them that they had incorrect information as I had paid all of my debts in full, and that I had a letter stating that the debt was paid in full which they requested I send when I returned from my trip out of town. Upon my return and after missing a call from an agent who was handling my "debt", I hit the re-dial button and it put me in touch with another person who gave me an email address where to send my letter of confirmed 0 balance and then informed me that I had another outstanding debt to a credit card for $3,000+. I found this to be very suspicious, and I didn't even inquire as to who I was indebted to as I knew I had paid all debts in full.  The agent I was speaking with did not give her name and gave me the email address of the "boss" - Mr. J Kushuba. (jkushuba@necredit.com)  I then did a search on the internet and found that many other people had similar complaints.

Based on my own experience and what I read from others, my suspicions lead me to believe that Commonwealth Financial Systems may be a company looking for gullible people to prey upon. This company should be investigated. If they are innocent of these claims then the truth will be shown.