Complaint Review: Competitive Edge Martial Arts

• Updated: Wed, May 25, 2016
  • Reported By: Derek Gilbert — Centennial Colorado USA
  • Competitive Edge Martial Arts

USA

Competitive Edge Martial Arts Mixed Martial Arts school Highlands Ranch Colorado

Competitive edge is a martial arts school that focuses on recruitment more than it does quality instruction. They scammed my wife and I into a 3 year contract. I had negotiated a term for a prepaid amount and came to find out that they recollect every year. They use a 3rd party billing company that is basically a debt collection agency. The contracts are a boiler plate that is completely vague and has no specifics. The numbers are hand written by the instructors and therefore can be manipulated based on a verbal conversation. What I had spoken to the instructor about was absolutely not what they are now trying to enforce. Also, this if you miss classes or postpone the training this 3rd party company is suppose to track that against the contract. When I called them out about these they were all clueless and we came to find out that any and all of our requests for holds were never upheld.

My daughter lost interest and transitioned to middle school this year. He grades were suffering and we needed to shift focus to school rather than martial arts. They would not let us cancel our contract even though we prepaid for the entire year upfront and she hadn't attended in over 6 months. They still wanted us to pay for 2 more years. The lead instructor also left 1 week after we signed the contract. My daughter had attended here for 4 years and we were constantly frustrated that the kids were not learning at a higher level. Her progression in 4 years was terrible. DONT send your kids to this school. Also, beware of their scam contracts!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2016 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/competitive-edge-martial-arts/-/competitive-edge-martial-arts-mixed-martial-arts-school-highlands-ranch-colorado-1307729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content