Complaint Review: Compupool

• Compupool
    126 Semoran Commerce Pl
    Apopka, Florida
    USA

Compupool Unsafe Defective Product - Fire Hazard - Doesn't Honor Warranty Apopka Florida

June 25, 2015 - Contacted Samantha Brawley (Customer Service Representative) regarding my salt cell catching on fire and needing a replacement.  She indicated  that I needed to send the item to Betsy Lawrence at Atlantic Sales Connection, Inc. via UPS which I did.  She indicated the parts are coming from their Australia office and copied in her boss at compupoolusajt@aol.com.

July 9th, 2015 - We exchanged emails and I asked for an ETA on the delivery of the unit indicating we were struggling to keep the pool clean and running.  She responded repair tech is working on the control unit and they are waiting on shipments from Australia for the cell.  No ETA as of yet.  Later in the day after I sent her another nudge she indicated Australia has been advised on the items and are waiting on them.  Her boss was supposed to have been copied.

July 15, 2015 - Sent message to Nick Millar using their "Contact Us" portal.  Never heard back.

compupool.com.au

July 28th, 2015 - Pinged Samantha Brawley via email for response.

March 18th, 2016 - Compupool - 1-888-989-7258, ext. 401 - Called and inquired about my Salt Cell that I have been trying to get replaced since 6/15/15.  Asked for a refund so I could buy a new one.  He said the Cell is what is taking so long.  Told him I dealt with Samantha Brawley (compupoolusasb@aol.com) and (compupoolusajt@aol.com) [whoever that mystery person is] all last year and got no where.  Jason (tech) offered me a 20,000 gallon one until the 36,000 gallon ones arrive.  I refused because I would still have to buy chemicals to support the weaker model and because I would be forgotten and not get the one I originally purchased back.  I told him that Compupool does not have a system in place that they would remember to send me the 36,000 gallon one once available.  I asked who the next person up the ladder was and he gave me the name of Nick Millar (nick@compupool.com.au) who is located in Australia.  I emailed him for reimbursement and emailed “Better Call Baquero” to troubleshoot.  Never heard back.

Nick Millar
88 Spencer Street
Nerang, QLD, Australia
nick@compupool.com.au
Phone:  61-7-55963773
Fax:  61-7-55961961
Website:  hiwtc.com/company/1503812/

September 2, 2015 - Jason Thompson (Customer Service Manager, compupoolusajt@aol.com) responded and said that he couldn't provide me with a  new unit but as requested, has escalated to to his Operations Manager.

November 5, 2015 - Called Compupool and left a voicemail.  Received email from Michelle E., Customer Service Representative, in Apopka, Florida with this message:

From: compupoolusame@aol.com [mailto:compupoolusame@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 12:11 PM
Subject: The contact information for CompuPool Australia

I received your phone message and here is the information you requested.  I do not think you understand that as a warranty center we have been very pro-active in contacting CompuPool Australia.  We have received no response from them. Regarding the CPSC 36 salt cell we are waiting for.    Their contact information can be found at the link below.

compupool.com.au/contactus.html

Apopka, FL 32703
Phone: 888-989-7258 ext. 230
Fax: 407-880-6483
compupoolhelp.com

PLEASE NOTE: After all required documents are received, it could take up to 5 business days to process your claim paperwork. You will receive an email notifying you of our claim decision. When warranty replacement parts are shipped, you will receive a tracking number from UPS. DEFECTIVE PRODUCT IS TO BE RETURNED WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS FROM DATE OF RECEIPT.

November 5, 2015 - Sent email to compupoolusame@aol.com with 66 pages of documentation reflecting warranty info, proof of purchase, the email threads for the previous years of communication.  The response I received from Michelle Eavey was:

"I received your phone message and here is the information you requested.  I do not think you understand that as a warranty center we hve been very pro-active in contacting CompuPool Australia.  We have received no response from them.  Regarding the CPSC 36 salt cell we are waiting for.  Their contact information can be found at the link below:

compupool.com.au/contactus.html

Fax: 407-880-6483
compupoolhelp.com

June 6, 2016 - Sent Nick Millar email:

"Mr. Millar:

I cannot even fathom how your business is still functioning.  I have written to you, called various representatives in different positions and have tried to fax as a form of communication – all to no avail.

I returned my Salt Cell (complete set) for my 36,000 gallon pool, as instructed by Samantha Brawley a year ago and still have not received a replacement.  If I am told once again that it “comes from Australia and we have no control over it” I think I might lose it.

I need for you to send reach out to whomever you need to on your end to send me my replacement Salt Cell or I will travel to Atlantic City on January 24-26, 2016 (they had a convention there on those dates) to talk to you in person and let people at that convention know what wonderful service they can expect from Compupool  waiting a year for hardware that is under your warranty is insulting.

Please email me your response as soon as possible since I do not want to waste another year buying chemicals again.  I had to hire someone to adjust the connections to my pool since I was going from the salt cell to a regular way of cleaning my pool.  Totally shameful that your company can work in this fashion.  Compupool accepted my money and I paid with total faith that I would get a good product and service – now I know better."

June 6th 2016 - Sent yet another email to Samantha Brawley with a copy of what I sent to Nick Millar (see above).

June 7th, 2016 - Called Compupool in Australia during the evening since that is when they were open and got Leonie Millar.  See email below:

From: Leonie Millar [mailto:leonie@compupool.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 7:13 PM
Subject: USA WARRANTY CLAIM

Thank you for your call today, I’m sorry that you have experienced such problems obtaining warranty.
Can you please forward Proof of Purchase and the model of your Chlorinator/Cell.

Any further information relating to the problem would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Leonie

A: 3-7 Hilldon Court Nerang QLD 4211 Australia

P: +61 (0)7 5596 3773

F: +61 (0)7 5596 1951

W: compupool.com.au

E: leonie@compupool.com.au

June 8th, 2016 - Responded to Leonie Millar that I would send her all the documentation in the morning.  Thanked her for being responsive and looked forward to working with her.

June 8th, 2016 - Leonie Millar responded thanking me for the relevant information and that she has on-forwarded to Management.

May 2nd, 2017 - Emailed sales@compupool.com.au with the following:

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been communicating with Compupool since June 2015 trying to get my replacement  salt cell but to no avail.  Calling, faxing everyone I could find just to get my salt cell replaced because it was under warranty when this all happened.

I now hear from a recording that you no longer are in business in the United States.  I sent my burnt cell  to your company and am demanding a replacement for this summer.  Please let me know how this can be arranged.  I can send you the paperwork I sent to all your colleagues over the  years but need my cell back.

Thank you and I await your speedy reply.

May 2, 2017 - Sent another email to Compupool.  CompuPool had left the USA.  Emailed their Australia address as per the voicemail recording when I tried to reach Jason Thompson (1-888-989-7258).

Email sent to sales@compupool.com.au

"To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you and I await your speedy reply."

July 26, 2017 - Emailed Leonie Millar again and received confirmation of receipt:

_____________________________________________

From: postmaster@compupool.com.au [mailto:postmaster@compupool.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 11:42 AM
Subject: Delivered: CompuPool Correspondence

Your message has been delivered to the following recipients:

Leonie Millar

Subject: RE: CompuPool Correspondence

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2017 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/compupool/apopka-florida-32703/compupool-unsafe-defective-product-fire-hazard-doesnt-honor-warranty-apopka-florida-1388299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content