Complaint Review: CompUSA

Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    United States of America

CompUSA (No) Return Policy Ft Lauderdale, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Additional Information

Do not buy anything from this store if there is a chance you may need to return it...I was upgrading a PC and purchased a motherboard, processor, memory and a power supply from this store. When I got home I realized that the new power supply would not fit in the old case I was planning to use so I returned to the store and purchased a new case that came with a power supply. When I returned to the store to return the unused power supply (with receipt, 2 days after purchase) the cashier immediately told me they would not take it back. They said it was "burnt".

I asked what that meant and explained that I had never plugged it into anything and it was in exactly the same condition as when I purchased it. Despite having a receipt for hundred's of dollars worth of equipment that I was perfectly happy with, 2 different managers accused me of blowing the power supply and trying the return it. They told me it was my responsibility to verify that the equipment worked before I purchased it. They couldn't explain how this was possible with computer equipment in any case, let alone when they charge a 15% "restocking fee" for anything that has been opened... It was quite clear they had no intention of returning this item from the minute I walked in and I would suspect that this is quite common.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2010 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/compusa/ft-lauderdale-florida-33305/compusa-no-return-policy-ft-lauderdale-florida-658859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Additional Information

AUTHOR: Abraheim a. - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for the inconvenience,

We want to further assist you on your in-store purchase although your post did not include any key information such as an order number/receipt number or any customer contact information for further assistance.