Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, June 28, 2010

• Reported By: authorramona — StiLWELL Oklahoma United States of America
crowdspring
1200 West Lake Street Chicago, Illinois United States of America

crowdspring Awarded prize but then deactivated my account before prize was awarded Chicago, Illinois

Around May 16th I entered a design contest.  StoryChasers Inc. a non profit in Oklahoma was holding a logo contest through Crowdspring a company who hosts a website that holds contest for designers.  Crowdspring holds the logo contest and designers submit their idea for the best logo and the winner will get $500 and the losers get nothing. I won, crowdspring announced it on their website and also StoryChasers announced it on their website.  In order to get the money I was supposed to send StoryChasers all my files which I had made, (which I did) StoryChasers asked for a complete re-design of the logo (which I did).  Two days before the end of the 30 day payment period, crowdspring canceled my account and refused to pay the winning award, instead offering $100.  I never received the $500 dollar award and because they canceled my account I will never know if any of my other designs won or not, or what will happen to that money if they did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2010 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/computer-graphics-crowdspring-crowdspring-awarded-prize-but-618343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on crowdspring