Complaint Review: Computer Systems Institute

• Reported By: Niles Illinois
  • Computer Systems Institute
    8930 Gross Point Rd, Skokie, Illinois 60077
    Morton Grove, Illinois

I joined CSI in Oct. 2008 and found out quickly that I knew more then most of the teachers there. I was able to breeze through Element K modules and pass every Assessment with ease. My problem started within a week of starting the program. The only way anyone is going to learn anything at this school is if you go in not even being able to turn on a computer. The program is 9 months long and if your on financial aid you have to sit through every single week. I've been done with the program since February and still have to attend lecture's (that dont teach me anything I dont already know) and do stupid assignments that the teachers make up just to have something to do during the week.

For 5 months I had a perfect 4.0 grade point average. the Gurnee campus lost its accreditation and the students and teachers from that campus now fill all the rooms. When the new teachers showed up and changed the rules and the grading system my gpa plummeted. That and the teachers and assistants treat the students like crap.. Every single day I get a comment that is so not appropriate for a teacher to say to a student.

14k is inexpensive yes, but this school will not teach you anything and you will have wasted 9 months of your life. If your looking for an education go to Northwestern or Oakland Community College.. Do not go to Computer Systems Institute.

Disgruntaled student
Niles, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/computer-systems-institute/morton-grove-illinois-60714/computer-systems-institute-this-school-is-a-complete-rip-off-skokie-illinois-458359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Phoenix1224 - (U.S.A.)

I went to the Chicago campus and must say that it was one of the biggest rip-offs.

I feel like I wasted $11,500 to receive certifications that would have taken $2500 for me to complete on my own.

Very little instruction - due to the fact that the instructors must handle multiple modules at once.

Very few lectures.

They just sit you down in front of the electonic babysitter (ElementK) all day long and then get all pissy when you complain about it.