Complaint Review: Connecticut Limo

• Connecticut Limo
    80 Middletown Ave
    New Haven, Connecticut
    USA

Connecticut Limo Phantom shuttle leaves teenager stranded alone in the U.S New Haven Connecticut

I booked a shuttle to pick my teenage son up at Bradley Airport in Hartford, CT to take him for his international flight home at JFK. He called a relative 30 minutes after the scheduled time because he had not been picked up. The relative called the emergency number was told the shuttle had come and gone and that my son was not there. They contacted me at my home in Asia, so I called the same number and was told there had never been a shuttle scheduled at that time. I explained that I had a receipt for payment for the ticket, but the agent was insistent that no such shuttle existed and there was nothing she could do to help.

By the time we arranged for someone to pick up my son, it was too late for him to get to JFK and he missed the flight. He spent the night with relatives who live an hour away and was able to arrange for them to get him to New Haven where I paid close to $200 for an Uber to get him to JFK. I wound up having to pay an additional $500 to get him on a flight out that day, but there was no connection to our home, so my teenager had to spend a night alone in an airport in a country where he knows no one (and there was another $100 for a hotel).

The e-mail link on the company site does not work, but I sent a message via Facebook explaining the situation ans requesting a refund for the $112 that I had paid for a shuttle that apparently didn't exist. I did receive a prompt refund and an apology for any "inconvenience" due to a "computer glitch". The company was irresponsible in not attempting to rectify the mistake in a timely fashion. Any company that provides airport transportation should understand what's at stake as far as financial consequences and the security of passengers if they fail to provide the services promised.

Avoid this company at all costs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2016 02:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/connecticut-limo/new-haven-connecticut/connecticut-limo-phantom-shuttle-leaves-teenager-stranded-alone-in-the-us-new-haven-conn-1321879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content