Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services

• Reported By: St. Louis Park Minnesota
  • Consolidated Media Services
    200 Chastain Center Blvd. Suite 200
    Kennesaw, Georgia

Consolidated Media Services Ripoff magazine subscriptions, overbilling, lying and harrasing phone calls Kennesaw Georgia

My husband took a call from a telemarketer on behalf of CMS in 2002. They called us every night asking to speak with him. I asked him what he agreed to, and he said he subscribed to some magazines.

I was not pleased as he always agrees to stupid things over the phone.

When the CMS telemarketer called us again, I talked to them to try and find out what it is exactly that they had signed him up for, since he couldn't really explain it, the scam that is.

They changed their story with every call and on how much money was owed and how many magazines we would receive. We started receiving many magazines, nothing that was of any interest however.

They kept insisting on billing us for more and that we would have these subscriptions for a "lifetime" with this one time enrollment fee, if we paid in full some ridiculous amount of money.

I asked that they remove us from their list and not call us again, but they persisted. Every night they called and I would talk to them, but they refused to deal with me because my husband's name was on the account, but he was worthless in trying to reason with them and get us out of this mess.

In the end, we ended up paying hundreds of dollars for less that a year's worth of worthless magazine subscriptions and I cancelled my home telephone service to rid our house of the never ending harrassing phone calls.

We eventually moved and never did establish another home phone number or forward any information to CMS about our move in hopes that our "lifetime" magazine subscriptions would follow us.

This company was savvy and the tellemarketers changed their tune everytime they called, they had us confused about the situation and finessed money out of us due to fear. We were afraid of damaging our credit and going into collections as we were working towards buying a house - which we did.

Companies like this ruin people's credit, they steal and defraud innocent people by lying to them, confusing them and promising them things that they will never receive.

Buyer beware! Never agree to anything via the telephone folks, learn from others mistakes.

I keep watching for a class-action lawsuit against this company, I will be happy to supply my documents against this company proving they committed fraud and theft.

Sara
St. Louis Park, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2006 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consolidated-media-services/kennesaw-georgia-30144/consolidated-media-services-ripoff-magazine-subscriptions-overbilling-lying-and-harrasin-173867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content