Complaint Review: Consumer Cellular

• Consumer Cellular
    7204 SW Durham Road, Suite 300 Portland, Oregon 972247
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    United States of America

Consumer Cellular continued to bill me after I cancelled, added bogus charges, refused to correct and send final bill Easton, Pennsylvania

I called to get a new number with a different area code, which they said was no problem, they would send a new sim card. The new sim card came with the same old area code, not the new one requested.

I already had another phone with unlimited talk, text & web for less than $50. CC was charging me far more than that for 2000 minute limit, no text or web. I called to cancel the service.

Even though I only had 1 phone with them, they continued to bill me, but now for both numbers, the old one and the new one that was useless, even though I could only use the new one.

I called and told them numerous times to cancel, correct the bill, and I would be glad to pay a FINAL bill. I payed on time for over a year until they started over charging. They never made the adjustments.

They finally canceled the account and now add late charges so the bill is a few times what it should be.

Do yourself a favor. Consumer reports did a favorable article on prepaid. You can't beat unlimited talk, text and web for a low, low rate with NO CONTRACT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2010 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consumer-cellular/easton-pennsylvania-18043/consumer-cellular-continued-to-bill-me-after-i-cancelled-added-bogus-charges-refused-to-581267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content