Complaint Review: consumer cellular

• Submitted: Tue, November 16, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010
  • Reported By: Richard — spokane Washington U.S.A.
  • consumer cellular

tigard, Oregon
    United States of America

consumer cellular liars and thieves tigard, Oregon

I never really had any problems with this company until I switched providers to an unlimited calling plan with another company. On the last billing cycle with consumer cellular I went over by about $20 although I paid somewhere around $40 extra so that they would release my phone # to the new cell phone provider.Then they decided they were not done with me yet, and decided to start running up bogus charges which I ignored.

They turned me over to their collection company ''professional credit service'' that tried to tell me that I now owe $140 because I did not cancell in writing. I called consumer cellular on the phone to cancell and paid them off in full before they released my phone number and no mention was ever made about cancelling in writing.This is just a ploy of theirs to squeeze more money out of ex-customers, avoid this company like the plague they are totally dishonest!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2010 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consumer-cellular/tigard-oregon-/consumer-cellular-liars-and-thieves-tigard-oregon-662705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content