Complaint Review: Consumer Clearing House

USA
  • Phone: 215-278-8700
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Consumer Clearing House Tried to Scam me out of $2000.00 Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I received a phone call at 11:00AM telling me i had won $500,000 in the Consumers Clearing House Lottery.  I was skeptical, but I listened.  It sounded legitimate as I listened more.  They had my wife get on the line.

After much conversation, they told us we would have to come up with the taxes on the $500K, which would be about $6,500, but, because he was able to negotiate for us, "all" we would need to pay was $2000.00.  I was told that the US customs service was holding the check until the taxes were paid.

The person on the phone claimed to be the senior attorney hired by the  Consumer CLearing House.  He told me to call the US Lottery & Gaming Commision  at 888-337-0322 to vartify that I wsa the winner. He told me to give them claim # T4389372. He said he would call back in 45 minutes to give me time to varify  the information.

I checked the internet for fraud information and found that this was a scam. I did not call the 888 number to varify nor did the "attorney" call me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2016 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consumer-clearing-house/philadelphia-pennsylvania/consumer-clearing-house-tried-to-scam-me-out-of-200000-philadelphia-pennsylvania-1310499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content