Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Sun, February 26, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, February 26, 2006

• Reported By:Vista California
U S Record Search
3300 N. University Drive #110 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

U S Record Search Failure to adequate perform the Service Requested Coral Springs Florida

I spoke with Sue (refused any other identifying information) about an hour ago. Her tone seemed rude and highly defensive. But more impotant, she flat refused a refund. The situation is stated below.

My wife and I contracted U S Record Search to perform a 10 year background check on myself. The resulting email was "THE WORK HISTORY SEARCH YOU REQUESTED ON THE ABOVE NAME CAME BACK NO RECORD FOUND BY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR NAME AND STATE."

According to Sue, the only way to guarantee a 10 year employment search will be accurate is to contact the IRS or SSI, since your employment history is protected. On the face of it, it seems misleading to offer a service which you are certain will fail.

However, she also stated that the only way that they can get the information is from "Public Record" which she defined as "companies that sell information about you" siting "Credit card companies and places where you fill out your information on a card or something." If "Public Record" was limited to only these areas, then they should have still had some results because I have filled out cards for prizes(expecting that my information would be sold) and I have applied for credit cards. Although, I have not performed these acts recently, they should have resulted in some information at least.

Additionally, I would include information in public domain as a "Public Record." A basic "Google" search for my name will show me associated with a prior employer in the 3rd of 3 hits. Additionally, a search on insurance.ca.gov will show that I was a licensed California Property and Casualty agent and a quick call to the Insurance Bereau will get some information as well.

Clearly they did not use the resources they had or did not use them effectively.

In summary, U S Record Search advertised a service which they had no reasonable expectation of fulfilling since they did not request authority to contact the IRS or SSI on my behalf. I attempted in good faith to work with them and was treated rudely and flat refused. I paid for a service not rendered and should be entitled to a full refund. At this time I have filed a complaint with Visa, the BBB, and now ripoffreport.com.

Christopher
Vista, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2006 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consumer-services-u-s-record-search-u-s-record-search-failure-to-a-178194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U S Record Search