Complaint Review: Consumers Clearing House

• Reported By: TooSmartToFallForThat — Blairsville Georgia USA
  • Consumers Clearing House

Higganum, Connecticut
    USA

Consumers Clearing House and Levine, Atwood & Associates Don't believe it! Higganum Connecticut

Received a call from Higganum, CT saying I had won second place in the sweepstakes I entered.  I NEVER enter sweepstakes, so I knew immediately it was one of the scams going around, but I played along.

I supposedly won $500,000., the check had already been approved, and would be delivered in 2 days, but she would have to ask me a few questions.  No real details, but when she asked how much money we had in accounts today, of course I picked the lowest level of the four choices.  Then, "Please hold while I transfer you to Attorney Levine".

She came back just a minute later and said Levine was on phone with another client, and not available for me right now, was it okay for him to call me back in 10-15 minutes.  I said sure.  In the interim, I called back the number she had called from, and that number is not in service.

Because I picked the lowest amount of money in cash on hand, I don't expect to get a call back.  That wouldn't be enough to cover whatever expenses they were going to slam me with. lol DON'T FALL FOR IT, FOLKS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2017 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consumers-clearing-house/higganum-connecticut/consumers-clearing-house-and-levine-atwood-associates-dont-believe-it-higganum-conne-1400767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content