Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, July 17, 2017

• Reported By: Michelle MonDragon — Locust Grove Virginia USA
Convergent Outsourcing LLC
800 SW 39th St./PO Box 9004 Renton, Washington USA

Convergent Outsourcing LLC This company tried to collect a debt I don't owe and actually offered me a payoff deal! Renton Washington

*UPDATE Employee: Convergent Outsourcing has been in business for over 50 years

I received a letter in the mail yesterday from Convergent Outsourcing LLC, claiming that I owe $208.83. Upon reading further it says that the creditor is Orion Portfolio Services LLC and that the "original" creditor is Verizon. I have never had an account with Verizon, but I called Verizon never the less to verify that I don't have any delinquent accounts with them. I gave them my information, including my SSN and they verified that not only do I not have any outstanding accounts with them , that I have never had an account with Verizon. I proceeded to go online and look up both of these companies that are "collection agencies" both of which have multiple reports of fraudulent collections. I am at the beginning of this process at this point. Tomorrow I will be making calls to Consumer Affairs, The BBB, the Attorney Generals office and possibly the FCC as well. I urge others to do the same and report these types of fraudulent practices and start demanding that our government and elected officials do something to protect it's citizens from fraudulent companies!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2017 10:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/convergent-outsourcing-llc/renton-washington-98057/convergent-outsourcing-llc-this-company-tried-to-collect-a-debt-i-dont-owe-and-actually-1386022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Convergent Outsourcing LLC

Convergent Outsourcing has been in business for over 50 years

AUTHOR: Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. - (USA)

Way to reach out to Verizon and verify you don't have a Verizon account. That is something we tell consumers to do if they don't recongize an account or are wonderfing who Convergent is.

Sometimes our clients make mistakes when their is a common name involved. It could also have happened with the prior agency where they confused addresses. Either way you are on the right track to getting this matter cleared up.

Along with filing with all the various agencies you mentioned in your Ripoff Report, it would help if you went out to our website, http://www.convergentusa.com/outsourcing/request/make, and disputed the debt. That way we can tell our client that there is an issue with this account and they need to investigate what happened. It will also make sure we don't call or send additional letters to you unless they are informing you about your dispute.

You can also call is at 800-444-8485 and tell the person you are speaking with that you want to dispute a debt.