Complaint Review: Cool Air USA

• Submitted: Fri, November 04, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, November 04, 2011
  • Reported By: David — Sunrise Florida U.S.A.
  • Cool Air USA
    Davie, 4700 Southwest 51st Street, #209
    David, Florida
    United States of America

Cool Air USA Rip off! Overcharged, charging for items they said would be free David, Florida

Once they visit you, Cool Air USA will give you a list of items you MUST have done. And pretty much leave you with an all or nothing quote.

I had calculated the cost based on the itemized quote they had given me, but shortly after the work had begun, I began to realize the different ways I was being ripped off.

They charged me $450 for an EV light, but made the mistake of leaving the box in plain view. I quickly did a search and realized the light costed only $150, that was just the first sign of trouble.

After checking the outside unit, they told me I needed to replace two parts, one at $250, the other at $200 because rodents had apparently gotten in. I accepted the charge but told them I would have to hold back on the Drying Vent cleaning because the bill was quickly getting out of hand. They told me not to worry about it because they would throw it in for free.

To my surprise, when the bill was presented to me, the charge of $250 for the cleaning of the dryer vent was there. I confronted them and they told me I misunderstood and threw the bill back at me. I called their office and asked for a quote for dryer vent cleaning and they said it was $89 for a one story house. When I asked the customer service rep why I had been charged $250 for a one story house, she began to stutter and told me they would have to get back to me the next day.

They never did, so I called them back. Yet another run-around. They tried to justify the cost due to $1K in installed parts (recall the $450 charge for the $150 UV Light), and told me they'd get back to me (again... which they never did).

Other miscellaneous charges included the Repair Leak in Copper lines (which I didn't have and which weren't repaired), Recharge Unit, AC Tune Up, Rewire Compressor Wires... etc, Very broad and unspecific stuff to the tune of $450, which was never presented to me in the initial estimate

When all was said and done, I was handed a $3000 bill for AC maintenance and the replacement of a couple of small pieces. A few of my neighbors had both their units completely replaced for this amount.

When I first came to this site, I researched them to see if there were any existing complaints, and it turns out someone else in the area was ripped off by them the same day.

You might ask why I didn't just ask for a quote... Well, they charge you $50 for a service call, pretty slick way assuring they, and not others, get to rip you off

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2011 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cool-air-usa/david-florida-33314/cool-air-usa-rip-off-overcharged-charging-for-items-they-said-would-be-free-david-flor-795047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content