Complaint Review: Cool Air USA

4700 SW 51st St
    Davie, Florida
    United States of America

Cool Air USA Rip Off Davie, Florida

What a screw job. If you like being charged 4x the value of parts, and having labor hours billed like Barbra Streisand is doing the repair, then this is the place for you.

I was charged 450 dollars for a 99 dollar condenser fan motor. I would have been OK with 250. The tech (the one who charges like Barbra Streisand) tried to sell me a run capacitor for the same motor for 150 dollars. That was no big fat no go. I know what capacitors cost.

Initially, Barbra Streisand claimed in the "I need to replace X,Y & Z" phase, that the whole unit needed to be replaced. Big nix on that. Then he claimed that the condensor fan motor would be the original Rheem part.

It is not the original Rheem part. Barbara originally ran the ground and the two motor rotation control jumpers on the OUTSIDE, of the safety grill. I made him put them on the inside and he was not happy. Not one bit. I was making him do double work. I figured it was worth breaking Barbara's heart if it prevented someone from being electrocuted.

Total cost of the repair is 750.00. It is a job I could have done myself if I had the time. I didn't and I accept that I will need to pay for that. However, there is a limit and this exceeds that limit by a cool three hundred dollars.

Let's review.

-Overbilling, -Poor installation -Misrepresentation -Ridiculous up selling on non-essential items.

I will not call these guys back, even for a warranty issue, the lack of ethics on display leads me to believe in the possibility of deliberate tinkering with the working parts of the system.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2012 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cool-air-usa/davie-florida-33314/cool-air-usa-rip-off-davie-florida-945173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content