Complaint Review: Costco / Retail Services

• Reported By: Sacramento California
  • Costco / Retail Services
    PO Box 60148
    City Of Industry, California

CostcoCostco / Retail Services Assessed Late Charge and Billed Finance Charges for payment due on 9/18/08, payment mailed on 9/11/08, payment reportedly received on 9/25/08. City Of Industry California

*Consumer Suggestion: HSBC Retail Services 'backdoor' 800 # 1-800-882-9700, x78447, ask for Mona

I always pay my bills on time to avoid late fees and finance charges. I was fraudulently assessed these charges for September, 2008. Retail Services offered to reduced fees, which I delclined, then asked to close my account.

I was eventually routed back to their voice mail versus being connected to a Closer. I called back, but have been on hold for 30 minutes, following 20 min. spent on initial call. It appears I cannot even close my account.

James m
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/costco-retail-services/city-of-industry-california-91716-0148/costcocostco-retail-services-assessed-late-charge-and-billed-finance-charges-for-payment-378679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

HSBC Retail Services 'backdoor' 800 # 1-800-882-9700, x78447, ask for Mona

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

Hi, I had a similar problem with contacting HSBC Retail Services, and wrote the CEO of Costco. All I was trying to do was update my address. Costco directed HSBC Retail Services to credit me $25 and update my address. HSBC Retail Services left a message at home for me to contact them, their 'backdoor' 800 # is 1-800-882-9700, x78447. Ask for Mona. Good luck.