Complaint Review: County Schools Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, January 03, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, January 03, 2014
  • Reported By: Terry Dean Baysinger — PUYALLUP Washington
  • County Schools Inc.
    Main St Bridgeport Ct
    Bridgeport, , Connecticut
    USA

County Schools Inc. Truck driving training in early 1987 about a total 45 min on road was not enough to get a CDL now stuck with huge dept Bridgeport Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: I was ripped off by County Schools too!

In June of 1986 I did a home study for truck driving school with County Schools Inc. in Bridgeport Ct. In late Jan 1987 The School paid my way to bridgport for mostly inclass book studies and very little time in the yard for three weeks when time to drive on the road they took four to five guys at a time giving us only about fifteen minutes of actual driving time behind their big rigs totaling about fourty five minutes. Infact one of the drivers in another County School tuck bellied the truck upside down in the snow which state troopers shopuld have made a report. They gave us a (Class One Certification ) and I came home to try to get work I did not have enough training according to trucking companys and was told I needed to be retrained. That course was around $2400 dollars now up to $8000. the School should have been held liable. I would like to here if anyone else recieved that same kind of training? Terry B,  Of Washington State.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/county-schools-inc/bridgeport-connecticut/county-schools-inc-truck-driving-training-in-early-1987-about-a-total-45-min-on-road-was-1112518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I was ripped off by County Schools too!

AUTHOR: William - (USA)

But there may be a way out of it.   I just received a letter from the US Dept. of Education concerning how to be forgiven of a student loan obtained by fraud, which is exactly what County Schools did!   I suggest you look here:

studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/corinthian#fraud-violations-state-law

It talks about a particular group that owned a bunch of schools, and I'm not sure that County Schools is one of them, but it's applicable to our situation- and any situation where a loan signature is obtained by fraud.

We might also be able to seek a class action dismissial.  County Schools was one of three schools mentioned by name as a school having outright illegal or regulartory violations in the 1998 Higher Education Reauthorization Act:

2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oig/auditrpts/reauth98.html

where is says:

"The fall out from the participation of vocational correspondence schools still presents significant regulatory challenges. For example, the Department has had difficulty in enforcing the "closed school" discharge under section 437 of the HEA for nine vocational correspondence schools which were unable to provide accurate attendance data. Five of these nine correspondence schools had been audited or investigated by the OIG, and significant violations of law or regulation were found.

The Distance Education and Training Council (DETC), formerly the National Home Study Council, (the accrediting agency for the vocational correspondence schools), is now the accrediting agency for distance learning schools.

References

1. Facts about the DETC.

2. OIG audit report Audit of the Title IV Student Financial Assistance Programs Administered by County Schools, INC. Bridgeport, Connecticut, ACN 01-00001, dated April 1991."

Please respond to my own report on County Schools, so we may co-ordinate our efforts to regain our finacial reputation, credit rating, and our ability to receive federal financial aid to resume our studies with creditable institutions!