Complaint Review: COVAD/Megapath

• Reported By: Beth — Seattle Washington United States of America
  • COVAD/Megapath

Internet
    United States of America

My internet/email went out on 1/19, nearly one month ago. I have called them nearly every single day since. All they have done is write new service ticket orders and pass the problem to someone else. The supervisor seems to take no interest and no one has attempted to follow through. The techs are all nice & multiple promises to restore service have been made, but the system is that each dfferent tech starts over from scratch..I have been extremely patient with them, but enough was enough, like a couple weeks ago. I see on the Better Business Bureau website, the company got a big "F" grade for not bothering to reply to most all the complaints.  I dont know how a company like this stays in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2012 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/covadmegapath/internet/covadmegapath-internet-svc-out-cold-for-1-month-internet-837764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Back Online

Beth,

Thank you for this additional information.  I am very pleased that we were able to reset your password and get you back online.  I am hoping the new settings that we configured on your Mac keep you online and resolve your issue of having to reconnect the PPP session.

Please reach out to me on the direct line I provided to you if you have any further issues in the near future.

Mike

Please assist me

AUTHOR: Beth Calvo - (United States of America)

Thanks for your response. I thought service was restored last week until I downloaded 1 hour's worth of updates onto my new IMAC. Since then, PPoE has been unstable. It disconnects every minute or so and I have to go to System Pref & reconnect it, which takes several minutes. Also I get a pop-up that says my password is wrong. Am writing you today from Seattle Public Library.

My Covad acct # is 30635619. Hope to hear from youi soon as possible.

Still having problems

AUTHOR: Beth Calvo - (United States of America)

I appreciated the response from Mike at Megapath. My acct # is  30635619. Internet service was reconnected on 2/16, however am still having problems. The connection is unstable. Each time I start the computer and log into Firefox, I must manually re-connect to PPoE, which takes a few minutes. The first time I attempted to answer your email today, the IMAC let me know that the connection to PPoE was lost, so I had to re-connect to PPoE through System Preferences. Before I get cut off again, I just want to say that one reason it's so difficult to work with Megapath is that almost no techs there are familiar with Mac computers.

Beth C

PS   I received very fair treatment from the billing dept over this interruption of service - hopefully they will follow through with their promise of 1 free month of service.

Acknowledgement of Report

Hellow Beth,

This is my second response.  I have not seen my first response propogate on this website and am concerned that it was not processed.

I work in the Megapath Escalation group and was requested by our Management team to look into this report and offer my assistance in resolving your issue.  If you would kindly provide me with an account number or some way to contact you I can pull up your account and own your issue until it is resolved.

Please let me know as soon as you can so we can work on resolving your issue as soon as possible.

Mike Morey

Acknowledgement of Report

Hello Beth,

My name is Mike and I work in the Megapath Escalation group, known as the Customer Resolution Team.  This report was filtered through our Management group and they requested I reach out to you via this website and offer up any assistance I can lend to resolve your issue.

I do not see any referrence of your account number or contact information in your report.  If I could get your account number I can look up your circuit, contact you and own your issue until it is resolved so you would not have to start from scratch each time you call in.

Thanks,