• Report: #228426
Complaint Review:


  • Submitted: Wed, January 03, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, March 22, 2010

  • Reported By:grafton Massachusetts
No Know Web Or Physical Address , Massachusetts U.S.A.

CPRS AKA CERTIGY Used my checking account to take money without my permission/knowledge Massachusetts *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Comment: Certigy and Certegy Mix up

*Consumer Suggestion: nsf checks

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I will try to cut right to the chase here.....I wrote 2 checks that had insufficent funds. One was for shaws supermarket and the other was home depot. Before I even noticed that this had happened, my bank account was empty, and my statement showed several checks with the number 9999. Upon further investigation of this issue, (which took FOREVER because not even the back had a clue who this company was), I realized that they had made up their own checks with my account number on them, and taken money from my account. Since I was never informed of this by mail, phone or email, I was very upset! I understand that when you write a bad check, you have to make good on it, and pay fees, but this company didn't even give a chance to make it right, nor did they inform me of their plan to tap into my account.

Because I had no knowlege of these transactions, I didn't have the cash in the account to cover these "made up checks". My records show that they sent a total of 11 of these checks through my account, and finally when there was money in the account, they recieved their payment. But because this was done completly behind my back, I also accrued over 300 dollars worth of bank charges because I didn't have the money (or knowlege) that these check were going through my account. When I finally was able to get a hold of the CPRS or certigy or whatever they call themselves, they told me that it is completly legal for them to take money from my account without my knowledge or permission because I had wrote a check at one point.

They said that I should have read the fine print. Where this fine print is, I have no idea......I responded by saying "so if shaw's supermarket wanted to put in their fine print, that by writing a check with them, they can take my first born child, that that too is legitimate"? Bottom line: I know that when you right a bad check, you have to pay the company back, plus any fees, and I am happy to do that, but I feel that this company stole from me. It is scary that this company was able to gain access to my money without permission. Furthermore, I when I spoke to this company the other day, they told me everything was now payed up to date. I asked them for a letter stated that all accounts were current, and they would not take any more money from my account regarding these two checks. The man that I spoke to said "there is no way that we'd ever send you something like that".......I just cant imagine that this is legal!?!?!?!

grafton, Massachusetts

b>EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2007 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cprs-aka-certigy/massachusetts/cprs-aka-certigy-used-my-checking-account-to-take-money-without-my-permissionknowledge-ma-228426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPRS AKA CERTIGY

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 2Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Comment

Certigy and Certegy Mix up

AUTHOR: FloridaSunshine - (United States of America)

The certigy I know customized hr solutions. They handle human resources with a personal touch. 
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

nsf checks

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

when you write a check and its had NSF, they can put it thru a second time, but if you only wrote 2, I don't see how they can do it 11 times, unless there was a ripple effect with your checking account, that occurs while these checks were out, you written more checks, the money may have been there, but as these went thru with there fee's it started to cause the others to bounce.

But if they put these thru 11 times on there own, that shouldn't of happen.
most states have statutory laws on max fee's and your bank will also charge a fee, some one at your bank should have noticed, the same check going thru, so many times.
generally, checks can go thru 2 times
Did your bank ever send you there little letter, that those 2 checks bounced?
Contact the two compaines that the check was written to and see if they turned over there account to this company
Follow Ed's advise on what to do with your bank
close that account, cause this company will do it again or sell your banking info to another collection agency's or try to buy a old debt and take the money.
I think the original company you wrote the checks for can, put it thru again but not another other company
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?