Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance Corp

• Credit Acceptance Corp
    www.creditacceptance.com
    Southfield, Michigan

Credit Acceptance Corp repoed Southfield Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: We had the very same thing happen to us

Ionly had my car for two months and my payment was on time for the first month but the second I called to advise my payment will be a week late and came 5 days after that call and repoed my car on a sunday so I have to wait til monday to call them and things cleared up does anyone what I can do to get out of this contract without destroying my credit or if there is a class action suit that I can be included in

Stacie
belleville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2008 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/credit-acceptance-corp/southfield-michigan-48037/credit-acceptance-corp-repoed-southfield-michigan-353353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

We had the very same thing happen to us

AUTHOR: Christina S. - (U.S.A.)

We purchased a vehicle and it was financed with Credit Acceptance. Well they wanted us to set up our payments on auto-pay. thats all fine and dandy wonderful the payments came out of our account. But obviously were not sent to the correct account number. I faxed them over confirmation that the payments were made and well that night (next morning rather) at 330 am we hear our car screeching out of our driveway.

My husband jumps outta the bed flew open the window and asks the guy WTF are you doing? He says your car is being repo'd saying that you never made a payment on the vehicle. Well after all is said and done they want $2300 to get the car back. We need to find a way to get these guys we have reciepts that payment was made, sent that over to them and asked them to lower the amt.

that was supposedly owed back to get the vehicle back in our possession and they sweetly lowered it down to $2050 such a major difference LOL. I have got to find a way to fix this issue and have contacted our atty general here locally about the matter. We all know where that is going to go.

Any ideas would be great as this is one HORRIBLE company.