Complaint Review: Credit Card Scammer

• Reported By: Marlene — Dublin Virginia USA
  • Credit Card Scammer

, Virginia
    USA

Credit Card Scammer Nice lady posing as a credit card fraud officer of some sort. We found suspicious activity on your credit card. On Sunday, you spent $152.00, and on Monday, you spent $233.00 at a pet store. Are you sure you weren't in Guatemala? I then said "No, and I think you are scamming me, I don't have a credit card." They got quiet for a few seconds, then began to laugh sarcasticly like a clown, and told me their weird name and hung up. I checked my banking status and it is just fine. These credid card scam artists are in Virginia. They use the phone number 276.525.6223. Abington Virginia

I recieved a phone call today, April 26, 2015, @ 7:43pm, from 276.525.6223. This nice lady claimed to be a credit card fraud officer and declared to me that she seen suspicious activity on my acount.

First, was $153. in Guatemala on Sunday. Then, 233. in a Guatemala pet store. She then asked me twice  "Are you sure you weren't in Guatemala?"

I told her "No, and I think you are scamming me. I don't have a credit card."

It was silent on my phone for several seconds, then a loud sarcastic laugh was heard from the scammer, Then I was told who this wierd person represented, but it was inaudible to understand what was said, but it was said by several people, like a joke or prank. They disconnected the call at that point. My card was not used, I knew better than that.

I researched online, and this number is a landline phone in Abington, Virgina. These people recieve service by Verizon, but it's not Verizon doing the scam...just the scammer being serviced by them.

I checked my banking and it is just fine. No unusual or suspicious activity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2015 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/credit-card-scammer/virginia/credit-card-scammer-nice-lady-posing-as-a-credit-card-fraud-officer-of-some-sort-we-foun-1225002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content