Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Credit One Bank
    po box 98873
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    United States of America

I had opened an credit account with Credit One Bank. I make ALL my paynents on ALL my bills at the begining of the month. So, I pay my Credit One at that time. I have just found out, that I have been getting charged a late fee for making my payment before the due date. Which is something I have never heard of. I have called them about this matter. All they tell me is that they will Gladly switch due dates, BUT, I would need to make another payment for the month. Which I already have. This is an unfair practice. They are ripping thousands of people off in these unwarrented fees. I, as many, were brought up to pay your bills at the begining of the month and be done with it. Not have to be penalized for it! Thank You.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/credit-one-bank/las-vegas-nevada-89193/credit-one-bank-unfair-late-fees-las-vegas-nevada-1011492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

bob from irvine is a ripoff

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

bob from irvine just won't listen, ur comments r useless, useless

Not a RipOff

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

-Not sure where you were brought up, but for as long as I have been paying bills(and it's been quite a while) I have had bills at various times of the month.

Credit cards are considered "Open Accounts".  By Federal Regulation they are not allowed to hold the payment and it must be posted to the billing period it was received in.  So if your bill does not close until the 4th of the month..if they receive a payment before the 4th, it will go to the previous month..and you will still owe a minimum payment on the next billing period.

The fact is that you get a statement(either by mail or e-mail) every month, and it is your choice as to if you read it or not.  In that statement is your due date and minimum amount due.  If you pay it before your bill "closes" for the next month, you will see the payment you made posted to the previous month..and will still see a minimum payment due.  If you ignored all of these items..then unfortunately the late payments are on you.

Also, you don't need to re-arrange your bills or have them move the due date.  All you need to do is have the self-discipline to hold the payment until your new billing period begins.  If you think you will forget then with On-Line bill pay through your bank(or the credit card) you can schedule the payment to be taken out on a specific date.  As a safety measure you should probably make it for about a week after the billing period starts.  This gives you a little cushion after, and still a couple of weeks before it is actually due.   Oh..and always review your statement every month to be sure everything is correct.

As to your immediate situation..if you do not make the minimum payment that is currently due, you will be assessed another late fee.  Because remember regardless of what you think...you have NOT made a payment for this billing period, and there is no way they can just "move" the date it was paid.   This would go for any credit card..in case you were wondering.

Not a valid complaint

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

I have had this card too and always paid before the due date. I have never had a late payment fee assessed since I've had it. Is it possible that you are paying late without realizing it? The due date is prominently displayed on your statement and your online access. Double check your dates.

When you are paying on a credit card account you have a window of time from the date the statement cuts to the due date to pay timely. However, you can not, for example, prepay next months payment this month. You can only pay during the window of time allotted each month. Naturally, the only exception to this would be if you paid off your entire balance this month and made no further charges and had no credit card maintenance fees. That is the only way you can pre-pay and not have anything due for the following month.