Complaint Review: Cricket

• Cricket

San Diego, California
    USA

Cricket Having to pay for a phone I don't have San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: Not a RipOff....

I lost my phone last week and in a week my phone bill will be due for automatic bill pay. So I called cricket to cancel my service but in order to talk to anyone I need my AID which I don't know. It gives me the option of getting it sent to my phone, but of course I lost it. So I decided to cancel my automatic bill pay and just not pay it but of course I have to cancel that on my phone or online, but yet there is no option online. It also says I could call but again to do anything I need my AID.

So now I'm stuck with Cricket. I don't know what to do anymore but go deal with the annoying people at the cricket store who probably won't help because they never do. I don't want to pay for a phone I don't have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2013 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cricket/san-diego-california/cricket-having-to-pay-for-a-phone-i-dont-have-san-diego-california-1111200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Not a RipOff....

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

The AID number apparently is like a PIN and is used in verification that you are the account holder.  If they didn't have certain security features in place anyone could call up and say they were you and just cancel your service.   Where I can guarantee you that if that happened you would be the first one saying that they should not have done it without verifying it is you.

So what do you do.  Well amazing in this "Internet Age" you didn't actually use the Internet to find out what you need to do.    Where if you did you would find that what you need to do is to go to a local Cricket Store with your Picture ID and request them to reset your AID number.