Complaint Review: Cross Country Bank

• Reported By: White Cloud MI
  • Cross Country Bank
    PO Box 10002 Huntington, WV, 25770
    Nationwide

Cross Country Bank is a dishonest ripoff fraud that victimized us. West Vriginia, Michigan

I sent in a payment of $800.00 to cross country bank. My payment due was only $35. Little did I know that I would soon see just how dishonest Cross Country Bank is. They claimed they never received my payment. I waited a couple of days still they claimed they did not get it. The person that I talked to told me to wait to see if it cleared, I told her that I was afraid that I was have a late charge. She told me that she had recorded that I had called and there would be no late charge.

After the weekend I called and made a payment on the phone to them of $800.00. You can imagine my anger when I discovered they had tired to cash the "lost check". I had cancelled the check at a cost to me of $20.00. Well they charged a cancelled check fee, AND a late fee. I wrote, and called everyone at cross country bank I could. I receieved a letter telling me they were not going to change the extra fees even though I had proof of everthing, even the womans name I had talked to. Crooks! pure and simple. Get any card but this one.

Mary
White Cloud, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2002 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cross-country-bank/nationwide/cross-country-bank-is-a-dishonest-ripoff-fraud-that-victimized-us-west-vriginia-michiga-24745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content