Complaint Review: Crosscountry Bank, Applied Bank

Boca Raton, Florida
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

When I first got my crosscountry bank card I agreed to a $49.00 annual fee, once my credit limit surpassed $1200.00 I was now being charged a $6.00 monthly fee or what they call a participation fee. I asked why? and they told me that the card agreement changed and so they could charge this amount. I was furious.

Secondly, most of my credit limit comes from their 250/150 dollar credit line increase where you credit line increases 250 dollars but they charge you $100.00 in order to get it (talk about lone sharking).

Thirdly, the card claimed when I got it up to 2500.00, I called today to get a credit line increase and the rep told me that i was at the maximum, I told him no I can go up to 2500 and he told me "No they changed it to now to $1500.00.

This company has an excellent way telling you one thing and then doing totally something different. I would like to file a law suit against them for all the bait and switch techniques I have experienced since 2001. Anyone have any free advise if I have a case or not. I am in Lincoln, Nebraska I'd like to hear from anyone else in Nebraska who feels like they have been ripped off by crosscountry bank or now Applied Card Bank

Scott
Lincoln, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2005 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/crosscountry-bank-applied-bank/boca-raton-florida/crosscountry-bank-applied-bank-ripoff-boca-raton-florida-162169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Yes, they are a huge ripoff!

AUTHOR: Derek - (U.S.A.)

Get rid of that card. Only reason I got this card was because I had bad credit and was trying to rebuild. It's been about 3 years, and this card is still a giant ripoff. $50 annual fee, 25% interest, $6.95 internet billing fee to pay over internet (most of them are free), plus, in order to increase your limit you have to pay another $150 for a so called credit increase fee (which I would never do by the way)! I paid it off, and big surprise, I still owe $7.82 interest that accumulated. Credit cards are bad enough, but this is one of the worst ones you can ever get. Anyone that charges you a yearly fee, credit line increase fee, and an internet fee to pay over the net is a giant mega ripoff! My credit is good enough to get 0% intro cards now and this one is outta here. Only reason to get this card is for rebuilding of credit, then don't use it too often and ditch it in a year or two.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

ITS A BANK SCOTT !!

AUTHOR: Thom - (U.S.A.)

Scott:

You are doing business with a banking group that has its license for only one reason - ie; - to (steal your money) charge you fees for various services, some of which don't even exist. What did you expect when you had to pay $49.00 to get the card. Any self respecting card holder knows not to pay a card company for the card. They make from 10% to $24% interest on the money they loan so why would you want to pay them for the card. Hell, they should pay you for using it. Go to another company an apply - drop the jerks like a hot rock.

Best;

pay them off

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

I also had a credit card with cross country bank, they will come up with fees you know nothing of then when you try to close the account and pay it in full, they add extra fees with no explanation and the more you call them to try a fix the problem remember they are still charging that daily interest rate so your pay off will be higher than quoted. Close that account because they will contiue to rip you off.