Complaint Review: Crystal Clean Air Duct Cleaning Fairfield County CT

• Reported By: Wronged — Stamford Connecticut USA
  • Crystal Clean Air Duct Cleaning Fairfield County CT

Nationwide
    USA

Crystal Clean Air Duct Cleaning Fairfield County CT Michael Manager Owner Lazy Lying Technicians, False Advertising, Upselling, Offensive " Manager " Fairfield County, CT Nationwide

I was lured into calling this company for a "Whole House Special $185.09 Unlimited Vents Unlimited Returns Unlimited Main Ducts Per Single Heating System" by a Saver Magazine Advertisement. When I called to book the appointment, the booker could not explain if disinfecting spray was included, or even explain what WAS included. Her manager then took the call, said disinfectant was $40 extra, the booker was "in training," I said OK, I just want my vents cleaned.

When the "technicians" finally came (late), they had me show them around the whole house. I identified 11 vents and 3 returns in my 3 story house. They made it clear they did not want to move anything. There were only 2 vents that had some furniture in front, I said I would move it for them. Paint was NEVER mentioned.

When we got to the basement, they said they would only vacuum out the system from the main access point in the basement for $185.09, and WOULD NOT do the individual vents, despite the ad. I said, you can't clean out a 3 story house of vents by just vaccuming from the basement. I have had my vents cleaned in my house before and they cleaned EACH INDIVIDUAL VENT. I then refused to sign the work order and told them to leave. Mind you it was 5pm on a Saturday and I felt they just wanted to start their weekend doing the LEAST amount of work possible.

When I called to complain after they left, I was told the manager Michael was out, call him on Monday. They offered to "come back and work something out." I said NO, I don't want these lazy scammers back in my house. When I called Michael on Monday, he was verbally abusive and said I refused to sign the work order because the COMPANY wanted to be absolved if my "painted" vents were chipped when they removed them to do the cleaning, and that he was on speakerphone the whole time of their visit and HEARD what I said. I HAVE NO PAINTED VENTS AND THEY NEVER MENTIONED "PAINT."

#1-No one was on speakerphone. I followed these guys through my whole house, neither one even touched their phone before I asked them to leave, there was NO speakerphone. Plus I was told 2 minutes after they left that Michael was out until Monday, how could he be on speakerphone? #2- Michael tells me I MISUNDERSTOOD what they were telling me, they wanted to clean ALL the vents but for the "paint." I feel I have a pretty good command of the English language, I understood perfectly their REFUSAL to clean ALL the vents and just clean the main access point. When I told Michael maybe they weren't communicating well because their English wasn't that good, although I understood them and their refusal, Michael starts yelling at me and accusing me of being a racist and hangs up on me, saying he doesn't need my business.

AVOID this company and these lazy scammers at all costs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2016 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/crystal-clean-air-duct-cleaning-fairfield-county-ct/nationwide/crystal-clean-air-duct-cleaning-fairfield-county-ct-michael-manager-owner-lazy-lying-tech-1335821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content