Complaint Review:

• Updated: Sat, May 14, 2016

• Reported By: JimE — Aylesbury United Kingdom
CVNow
Internet USA

CVNow CVNow.com, CVNow.co.uk, TopResume.com, Talent Inc. Dishonest, deceitful and dreadful New York Internet

CVNow is a resume/CV writing serviced based in NYC. They are a brand of Talent Inc. and trade on the Internet as CVNow.com, CVNow.co.uk and TopResume.com. They purport to write professionally-written resumes that will gain you vastly more interest from potential employers.

I originally paid for CVNow's 'Career Evolution' package at the end of February. After three weeks of waiting, corrections and re-corrections, I received a CV and covering letter that did not obtain me a single interview in nearly a month. My careers advisor took one look at the CV and immediately pointed out its shortcomings in terms of layout and content.
After complaining in the strongest terms, CVNow did refund me in full. And oddly, a month later, offered to rewrite my CV again. Having read the second and now third rewrites from one of their 'veteran writers' I have no doubt that CVNow cannot deliver what they promise and at engaging in false advertising.

CVNow make these specific claims about their service that are just not true:

1) they use industry expert writers. They don't. CVNow uses freelance writers that have some modicum of professional writing experience. Every single draft I have received has been littered with basic typos and inconsistent formatting. I've not once been asked what industry I work in. Even when being specifically told I worked in marketing, two writers amalgamated to previous roles to create a ficticious job role as my profile header.

2) they are based in the UK. They aren't - this is an American company using American 'resume' writers (in the UK we use the term Curriculum Vitae or CV for short), US English, US formatting and US phraseology not suited to the UK jobs market.

3) they don't use templates. They do. When I questioned my first CV writer about the choice of font, he said it was simply a choice of which template he used. My second and third writers produced documents that were formatted in such a way that the chances of them having arrived at the exact same layout were practically zero.

4) everyone receives THE SAME critique of their original CV - 'you come across as a doer, not an achiever'. And of course, CVNow can help you correct this! This sounds very slick and professional but the aim is to get you to sign up, the critique having given you the impression that this is a company that knows what it is doing.

From the moment they take your money, the service is a complete shambles. They become slow to respond, even slower to react and give you a limited time in react before considering 'job done'.

They make claims they simply do not deliver on, are quick to take your money and slow to produce anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2016 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cvnow/internet/cvnow-cvnowcom-cvnowcouk-topresumecom-talent-inc-dishonest-deceitful-and-dreadfu-1305618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CVNow