Complaint Review: CyberpowerPC

• CyberpowerPC
    5175 commerce dr
    baldwin park, California
    United States of America

CyberpowerPC Cyberpower Bait and switch, expects customer to make it right using "NewEgg" and their own money baldwin park, California

Ordered two gamer systems from Cyberpower both with upgraded case fans for noise control and rubber mounts for the fans. The first just arrived. Instead of rubber mounts the top fans are screwed into the wire mesh of the case. There are no holes for this by default so they just forced them into the case. Each screw damaged the case, it looks rough, like nothing I have seen in 20 years in the industry.

It gets worse. When I powered up I noticed this system is the noisiest system I have ever used, again after 20 years of messing with computers. I took the side panel off and noticed they did not even give me what I paid for. Instead of the higher end fans they saved about $4 putting in the cheapest most generic fans they must have had. That explains the noise!

When I called in I had to wait on hold for a while but given the weekend I can understand this. The tech told me he was "the only one there" Scary huh? After I explained my situation his solution was kind of scary...

I should go to NewEgg and buy the parts that Cyberpower should have put in the system with my own money and fix my system myself and then send back the cheap fans I should have never been sent in the first place at my cost.

This is not an order error, the packing slip actually shows the higher end fans! When I complained about having to pay the shipping myself I was told I should just forget about (eat the loss) So in other words they ask for more money for high end parts and ship you the cheapest they can find and refer you to NewEgg to build what you wanted in the first place. I should have just used NewEgg from the start. Now I have to call Mastercard and charge back two systems and wait for that to get sorted out before I can take their advice and use their main competitor. Or I suppose they could just ship me the fans I paid for and do something to make up for the ugliness of the top fans and how the case was messed up. But hey, for them hanging on to 20-30 bucks is worth it. I plan to make sure its not for them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cyberpowerpc/baldwin-park-california-/cyberpowerpc-cyberpower-bait-and-switch-expects-customer-to-make-it-right-using-newegg-970758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content