• Report: #1162094

• Reported By: Kathi — Waxahachie Texas
Dallas Marble Stone
4705 County Road 610 Alvarado, Texas USA

Dallas Marble Stone (Scott Joe) Homeowners asked to pay twice Alvarado Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We were never paid.

This is not a reputable company to work with. My husband (police officer) and I contracted with what we found out was a unreputable contractor. This contractor chose to do business with Dallas Marble Stone. Our counter top was not done the way I wanted it done (no fault of Dallas Marble Stone) and I contacted Dallas Marble Stone directly after we had to fire our contractor for not completing the job he was hired to do even though he had been paid for it.

Scott (owner or Dallas Marble Stone) and Joe both originally said they would do the right thing for me and pull the counter for a very fair price and re-work it. I found out later that my contractor has not paid for the counter even though we (the homeowners) paid our contractor in full. Both Scott and Joe have now gone back on their word and said that they will not do right by me because the contractor is stating we did not pay.

My husband and I are honest hard working people who thought we had hired a good contractor to do so. I hate that Dallas Marble Stone will have to go after my contractor for the money, but there is no reputable company that would expect the homeowner to pay twice for the same product. The owner of this company (Scott) even went so far as hanging up on me when I was trying to explain our perdicament. Stating that they have been in business for 35 years and they don't care to make things right. I would not recommend this company to do work for anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dallas-marble-stone/alvarado-texas-76009/dallas-marble-stone-scott-joe-homeowners-asked-to-pay-twice-alvarado-texas-1162094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dallas Marble Stone

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We were never paid.

AUTHOR: Brandi - (USA)

We never received payment for the original work we did on this job.  As a company policy to prevent further losses, we do not do additional work on a property untill we are fully paid for the original work.

This is a dispute between the general contracter and the homeowner.  The general contractor told us that the homeowner did not pay, and the homeownder said they paid the contracter.  We don't know who is telling the truth.

Either way, we never received payment, and we are unwilling to risk loosing more money on this job.

When this was originally discussed with the homeowner, Scott and Joe were unaware that we had not been paid. When they found out, they notified the customer immediately.

We are small family run business.  We pride ourselfs on customer satisfaction, but we also have to protect ourselves from financial losses as well.