Complaint Review:

• Updated: Tue, March 14, 2017

• Reported By: Steve — Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
Dan Vitale
121 Cuthbert St Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Dan Vitale Mike Napoli Terrible Painter, Ripoff artist, conman, does not finish work if you are lucky Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ridiculous nonsense!

Terrible painter, conman. Came to the house and did not prep the work.  Paint peeling after 2 weeks. Uses improper painting techniques, uses autobody filler inappropriately for repair prior to painting, does not use drop cloth - paint gets everywhere, has had police report filed against him. You are lucky if he leaves before finishing. Guard your wallet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2017 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dan-vitale/philadelphia-pennsylvania-19106/dan-vitale-mike-napoli-terrible-painter-ripoff-artist-conman-does-not-finish-work-if-y-1361726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dan Vitale

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ridiculous nonsense!

AUTHOR: Daniel - (USA)

My name is Daniel Vitale, I'm a union trained, professional painter in Philadelphia. This report is ridiculous and unfaiir... I've been in business for twelve years, I've repaired and painted over 150 buildings in the Society Hill section of Philadelphia alone and another 50 or so in Rittenhouse and adjoining neighborhoods... I'm a very well known painter. I've lived here since 1991 when I was a freshman at the University of the Arts... Conmen don't spend over a decade working ten hour days, painting building after building... they just don't that... I have many drop clothes, and I use them, regularly; they have paint on them. Bondo is an epoxy that is regularly used in the painting business to repair wood and metal... Marine West systems is another epoxy marketed toward repairing sailboats that is also used by painters. This person has seen me paint buildings in this neighborhood, he knows my work, I'm assuming that's why he hired me... If I was such a bum and confidence man and I didn't know what I was doing, why did he hire me in the first place... he paid me in full when I was done, he didn't call me and complain, nothing, it makes me wonder what this is really about... I would have went back and rectified any problem he had but I can't do that if I'm not aware of the problem. I don't think it's fair to not be given even a phone call letting me know there is a problem or a chance to go back and fix whatever the problem is... I have many, many excellent references and a large portfolio of beautiful work that speaks for itself. You can't please all the people all the time.