Complaint Review: Darby Murphy

• Darby Murphy

Internet
    Australia

Darby Murphy Thomas RENTING SCAMMER SYDNEY AUSTRALIA Sydney, Australia Internet

Sydney, Australia, NSW. Darby Murphy a.k.a Thomas.

He tricked me to pay bond for the rent in advance for his place that he advertised on Gumtree.com https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/flatshare-houseshare/luxury-study-room-for-rent-sydney-cbd/1158983109. The unit was at Central Park Apartment. So we met around there.

On the day of inspection he acted as normal but still I found it dodgy that he showed me the unit through very confusing way, we went into the lift up and down and walked through parking space then get into another lift and then to the unit 412.  He told me that this unit is owned by him. He asked me to send the bond money to his bank account. and I did, it was a mistake that I did, I should have paid the bond money right at the day I move in, not the days before. Just a day after I paid him, I found out that he has some dodgy/fake social media account. [continued below]....

..... I straighly thinking it is a well-planned scam, I belived on the move in date, it is not gonna happen, he gonna run away with my money.

And right! On the day he promised me to move in. It didn't happen. He didn't answer the phone and didn't send my bond money back. He looks decent, rich and has luxury stuff including his car. He is a proffesional scammer. Hope there wont be more victims from his scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2017 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/darby-murphy/internet/darby-murphy-thomas-renting-scammer-sydney-australia-sydney-australia-internet-1404357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content