Complaint Review: DealPass - Connections - MWI

• Reported By: cleveland Tennessee
  • DealPass - Connections - MWI
    PO Box 5152
    Des Plaines, Illinois

DealPass - Connections - MWI fraudulent billing and cancellation scams, renames company to continue billing Des Plaines Illinois

Connections is a company affiliated with DealPass and MWI. I do not know what these companies offer or their set ups. I do know that two years ago I received an ad packet in the mail from DealPass with dozens of companies services from insurance to discount programs and everything in between.

I took each card in the pack and called the companies indiviually to cancel or not accept their services. The ad package did not specify whether to call all customer service hotlines or just one and I thinkt hat was very misleading. I found out a month later that I was being billed for DealPass and called their customer service to cancel. I did not receive a confirmation as the customer service line was automated. I have not seen or heard from the company for 18 months.

I do not receive my credit card bill as it is a corporate card and the statement goes to the account originator. Six months ago, I received notice of charges each month for the MWI company and called their customer service automated line to cancel. Again, no confirmation.

On 6/6/05 I noticed that the charges were again there. I called my credit card company who informed me that DealPass, MWI, and the current charges from Connections were all from the same company in the same amount and they had been billing my card under their various names for 2 years!

When I called Connections on 6/6/05 I spoke to the very rude "John" employee number 9893. He demanded I give him proof that I had cancelled like a confirmation number from the previous cancellations. I could not I told him. He assured me that I would receive no refunds, he wouldn't explain what the program or services offered were, and he claimed no affiliation to DealPass, although the answering service at his number directs callers to the DealPass website for information.

When I demanded a confirmation number to prove cancellation he yelled at me and told me his company doesn't give confirmation numbers. He contradicted himself and further proved my point that I had cancelled twice in the past and each time the company did not charge me for a month and then began charging me again under another name (DealPass, MWI, COnnections).

I had to cancel my credit card account and since then Connections collection agents have called me demanding payment.

I cancelled the service two years ago but to get around that the company refuses to give confirmation numbers and changes its name to create a technicality and red tape to muddle through. I never once used the services, I still don't know what the program is and I was charged 14.95 a month for two years!

Stephanie
cleveland, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2005 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dealpass-connections-mwi/des-plaines-illinois-60017-5152/dealpass-connections-mwi-fraudulent-billing-and-cancellation-scams-renames-company-to-146941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content