Complaint Review: Decor My Eyes

Brooklyn, New York
  • Phone: 646-302-9670
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Decor My Eyes - Stanley Bolds Appalling Customer Service Company Should Be Out of Business Brooklyn New York

Upon receiving the wrong eyeglasses order from Decor My Eyes (though I confirmed my order both verbally over the phone and via e-mail), I tried to contact the company to inform them of the mistake. Because none of my phone calls were answered or returned, I e-mailed the company to request a refund since the website claims a "100% satisfaction or money back" guarantee.

The first e-mail I received in response to my e-mail stated, "What if I gave you a discount?" and only that -- no apologies, nothing. Upon refusing just a discount, the next e-mail said, "How about if I give you $40 off?" I responded by stating that I was not interested in a discount off of something I did not order, and that I wanted a refund. The final e-mail stated that I should send the glasses back and that I would be called when Decor My Eyes received them. The e-mail also stated that I would have to pay the shipping fee and the shipping insurance costs as well as a restocking fee. Ironically, the tagline at the bottom of the email was, "Customer Service At Its Finest."

When I called the company again from a different number, the same gentleman (presumably Mr. Stanley Bolds) finally answered and claimed that it was not the company's fault that they sent the wrong eyeglasses. He then proceeded to tell me that "all customers are retarded" and that he shouldn't have to pay for something that I could have avoided if I just walked into a glasses store myself. Upon cursing at me and making other shocking rude comments, the gentleman then told me that I sounded "hot" and that he would offer the full refund only if I sent him a picture of myself.

When I told him I didn't appreciate his cursing or rudeness, he claimed that I must not be from New York and proceeded to search my area code online and try to guess where I was from. I have never experienced such rudeness in my life. When I inquired about the company's motto, "Customer Service At Its Finest," the gentleman simply stated that it was an automated e-mail, and he never claimed that he would offer good customer service.

Please save yourself the trouble and do not order from this company. It was an extremely taxing situation to have to go through, and I am not sure why they are still in business.

Maria
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2008 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/decor-my-eyes/brooklyn-new-york-11235/decor-my-eyes-stanley-bolds-appalling-customer-service-company-should-be-out-of-business-308879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content