Complaint Review: Delightfully Yours Catering

Internet
    USA

Delightfully Yours Catering Worst Catering Job EVER!! DALLAS Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Lied to get out of paying

This caterer was absolutely horrible. We agreed upon a service two months in advance. The owner Monica Hill was supposed to supply all food, condiments, table settings, napkins, servers, etc. We agreed on 25 servers for an event with 200 to 300 people attending...Salad, two meats, one dessert, tea and water. No salad was provided, the pork loin was under cooked, she had three servers and one had in shorts and flip flops for a formal event, and no silverware or plates. She had to go to Walmart and buy plates and glasses to serve the food on at the event. She showed up late, and was in distressed jeans and her "chef" jacket. Just unprofessional all the way around. We paid her $3000 of the $3850 we agreed up in advance. We owed her $850 at the end of the event. Since she clearly did not provide the services she was paid for we did not give her the balance. This lady actually sued us for the balance. The judge not only stated she clearly did not love up to her end of the contract but she give us back $1500 of the $3000 we already paid. Needless to say that ruling was in December and it's now March and she hasn't paid a dime. We are filing a judgment on her and her company!! DO NOT USE THIS LADY!! She is unprepared, a bad cook and untrustworthy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2017 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/delightfully-yours-catering/internet/delightfully-yours-catering-worst-catering-job-ever-dallas-texas-1364167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Lied to get out of paying

AUTHOR: Monica Hill - (USA)

This client as some clients do, will lie to get out of paying companies for Sevices rendered. The client is good friends with the judge therefore a fair judgement was inevitabile. Not only did they not properly notify me of any counter suit so that I couldn't respond properly, they had several people all one race to lie under oath. I have email , text messages proof of conversations of them not wanting to pay however the judge wouldn't look at any of my evidence. That says about the preceding. One sided to say the least. I have pictures of what I was wearing yet the judge didn't want to see those either. Everything I could present the judge denied to look at any of it. This was a small town and friends take precedence over right and lawful. These people say they are a non profit Christian organization but there is nothing Christian about them. I have not only proof of rental of all items I advised I would provide, and debit from account to prove it was indeed purchased. Many cateres go back to the store etc. it's not uncommon. I didn't buy silverware or any of the items stated as I have receipts of what was purchased. If you eat all of the food there how could it have possible been nasty. People were coming for seconds and some changing what they originally wanted which caused issues with having enough food. We advised them of this and the leaders of the organization ignored me and my staff. Basically, they stood in front of a judge and lied. They didn't present one ounce of proof other than words. I filed an appeal immediately after , which I'm still waiting on but since they are friends with the courts in that small town I guess the appeal got lost. Just because you make up lies to get out of paying doesn't mean it's the truth. People lie everyday! Again. They never wanted to pay from the start. I will post the proof of this shortly. A bad review is one thing, but a review full of lies is another. They already didn't pay and told me they weren't paying me the rest of the funds owed which speaks to their character which is why I filed the lawsuit intially. They never had any intentions on paying the remainder. Instead came up with this elaborate lie to get out of it. They had a deadline to pay me the initial deposit and they kept missing that deadline with excuses. Again, I have proof of it. It seems when people don't want to pay, they lie and then have the audacity to get upset when a lawsuit for none payment is filed against them. I have taken this up with higher courts because again, none of this was done legally. Friends in high places can always buy a false judgement.